Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
1) What sound makes you grind your teeth and want to scream? So many! Dentist drill, vacuum cleaner, weed whacker.
2) Hardwood floors, or carpet: which do you prefer? Hardwood! It's vibrant and smooth & you don't have to vacuum it
3) What was the last magazine you finished? Bitch, excellent article about Ursula K. LeGuin in it. Go check it out!
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
2. If you had 1,000 dollars and HAD to spend it, what would you buy? Books, music, clothes. Especially clothes from modcloth.
3. What was the last beverage you spilled on yourself? Water, stupid leaky water bottle
4. When was the last photograph you took? What was it of? Tuesday of my shopping cart.
5. Who was the last person to smoke a cigarette in your presence? One of my fellow campers over the weekend.
6. What animal did you last pet or hold? My sweet little Squeaky kitty!
7. What was the last superstitious thing you did? I don't have the time to list all the weirdo stuff I do.
8. What was the last text message you received? Matt spammed me!
9. Berleen has decided to buy twelve goats. If she trades three for some awesome pot, loses one while she was stoned, what do you think she did with the rest? Send them to Chobani factory!
10. What was the last musical instrument played in your presence? Guitar, I think...
11. What was the last note that you wrote on your hand? I don't do that! I use paper.
12. Kimber announced that she was born on another planet. Which one do you think it was and why? Neptune because it was built on a funny tilt.
13. What are you wearing as you answer these ridiculously stupid TT questions? A hot jade green dress w/ a key hole on the back. AND it's a little big for me :D
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
1) What does "devotion" mean to you? Never being caught w/ yr pants around yr ankles! I hate lame ass questions like this.
2) When was the last time you sat around and did nothing for a whole day? It's been a long time! I think some time during the winter....possibly.
3) How often do you struggle between what your brain tells you to do and what your heart says?I skip that fight and go w/ my gut.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Going to the chapel...."
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, August 19, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of lightning bolts and the number 1.
A. If you see a tornado out your window, what do you do? Go to the basement. Seriously? What the hell else am I supposed to say?
B. A celebrity knocks on your door saying that their tour bus/limo/pedal bike broke down (you pick the transportation)... who is it and what do you do to help them? Moby and trap him the attic and make him be my sex slave.
C. Brett is back on the Vikings - do you really give a crap? Nope, I hate football
D. What side of the bed do you think Bud sleeps on? The middle, he's a bed hog
E. Cookie Monster eats vegetables now. Is this OK with you? No!!! Go back to eating cookies all the time.
F. All the TT's get together for coffee... which state do we meet in? Ohio
G. Is the town you live in famous for anything? Infamous for anything? Kurt Vonnegut worked at the General Electric here
H. Coffee flavored bubble gum - would you? BLECH!!! No
I. So Kimber lost her fight with a granite table.... what did you ever lose a fight with? My insecurity
J. Have you ever slept beneath the stars? I think so
K. School is starting up soon, or has for some, did you get a new pair of tennis shoes every year while you were in school? Nope
L. What two flavors do you love that you would never want to taste at the same time? Nacho cheese and mint
M. If you could shave a quote into a lions fur, what would it say? "I don't want the world. I just want yr half"
N. Did you ever accidentally walk in on your parents doing the nasty? Did you ever purposely walk in on them? I am not answering this question...... EVER
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
2) Have you ever made a daisy chain? I don't even know what that is.
3) Have you ever owned a cap pistol? I tried to use my brothers' but no caps. They never let me have any fun.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "I get a little pain in my heart when I think of winter."
Thursday, August 12, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Sarah Palin's bible and the number 333.
1. What radio personality bothers you the most? I don't know, the annoying wacky morning DJ's I guess.
2. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? Oh my golly, no! Send Search & Rescue please!
3. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, And neither her S/O or yours would never know, might you to the deed? No never.
4. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? Being pursued
5. Use three words to describe yourself. Lovely, complicated, tempestuous
6. If Berleen was on a camping trip, do you thing she’d attract grizzlies? No, mongeese
7. Do you think more about the past, present or future? The future, more like an obsession
8. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing, other than family or pets, that you grabbed? Underwear
9. Was your mom a cheerleader? Good heavens no! French Club & down hill skiing
10. Was your dad a jock? Heh, no. He played Little League.
11. Bud’s been gone a while. Do you think he will return or shut down that Googled Warned blog? He'll be back. They always come back.
12. What’s your favorite junk food? Doritos & raw cookie dough. Not at the same though, that would disgusting.
13. Do you believe in reincarnation? Nope, you get once chance in this lifetime
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
1) Did you ever run away from home? Ever want to? I tried to run away when I was four. I was planning on going to my grandmother's house (about 10 miles away), I even thought ahead to bring food (a green lollipop). I got as far as the front steps. My mother even snapped a picture :D
2) What time did you wake up this morning? 6
3) Can you do a cartwheel? How about a handstand? Cartwheel yes, handstand no
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "MY GOD!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST PICTURE I'VE EVER SEEN!!!"
Thursday, August 5, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Judd Corizan's hair dye and the number 33.
1. Do you have any special talents? Tell us about them. I can pick up quarters w/ my toes.
2. What is your favorite sound? Water of any kind, ocean, brooks, rain.
3. What was your favorite TV show as a child or teen? The Facts of Life was my shit!
4. There are a lot of specialty TV networks now devoted to things like golf, gardening, shopping, game shows, sports, news and sci-fi. Do you have any favorite TV networks? Travel Channel or VH1 Classic. My 2 passions: going away and listening to music from yesteryear :D
5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? I have a few but the big one is Teen Mom. I can't help watching that insanity!
6. Berleen is on the top of a mountain. How on earth did she get there and what was she doing? Dropped from a plane trying to get a cell phone signal
7. Have you ever dreamt that you made love to someone you haven’t yet met? Yes, quite a bit.
8. Berleen decides to run away and join the circus. What could you imagine her performing under the big top? Ring Master, obviously
9. What is your favorite sci-fi movie? Gattica, love the colour and cinematography.
10. What is your favorite reality show? RuPaul's Drag Race, it's so bitchy and colourful!
11. Bud says he is on vacation. What do you think he is doing? Hiding the evidence
12. When shopping at the grocery store, do you always return your cart? Always always always!
13. Do you take compliments well? I'm working on it.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
*Sigh* On the w/ the recap...
For the Quickfire, the cheftestants had to create a tasty meal that can fit on a toothpick. Awww itty bitty travel size food, precious! Sucking it BIG time were Kelly's tasteless watermelon & scallops (hmm maybe because watermelon doesn't have a fucking taste, dummy!), Ed's duo of teeny tiny tuna & watermelon (ugh, gross seafood & fruit again!) and yet again my poor Alex & his truly vile creation of scallops, strawberries and basil essence w/ bacon. Sounds like a massive train wreck of flavours. And the wiener was sketchy Angelo and his lame ass cucumber cup of cashews and spicy shrimp. Sexybeast was all kinds of grossed out, "Shrimp & cucumber?!". I sincerely question the guest judge's taste buds.
For the Elimination Challenge, the cheftestants chose proteins from THE KNIFE BLOCK O' DOOM & serve them up for lunch at one of DC's premiere restaurants, the Palm. So even though, there are 2 cheftestants for every protein and they served them together, they weren't being judged head to head. Then why bother to eat the lobsters together?
Hey look, guest Elimination Challenge judge Art Smith. Whom, some of you, may remember from losing Top Chef Masters. Looks like Mr. Smith lost about 50 lbs, he looked great.
Here's the part that was really cringe worthy, Alex drew the salmon & couldn't decide how he wanted to approach his dish. Ed decides he's going to make an English pea puree for his lobster. Whilst cooking the Palms kitchen, Ed cannot find his pea puree & Alex has a pea puree. Personally, I don't think Alex stole the pea puree because it would be incredibly difficult to do that w/ all the cameras. And what a weird fucking thing to steal. But all the cheftestants were completely sure of Alex's guilt.
Which really sucks dick for them because Alex won the Elimination challenge! And packing it up was Andrea & her overly sweetened vanilla bean beurre blanc couscous & poorly cooked sword fish. I am very surprised about this! Andrea seemed to be consistently good. Oh well, good luck., girl!
And Stephen lives to see another day. CURSES!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Oh my golly, y'all! Sexybeast & I had the best time on Saturday night. We got to see DEVO live!!!!!!! They picked up exactly where they left off in 1989. It was fun and fast paced and engaging. Best of all SB didn't have to slap around any drunken assholes.
It was a great mix of new and old songs. They had on those ridiculous flower pot hats, the boiler suits & the syncopated technotic dance moves.
Here's the set list, you can't see the first few songs which were "Don't Shoot (I'm a Man)", "Peek A Boo" & " What we do". I was practically pissing my pants because they did some old faves of mine, "Uncontrollable Urge". It sounded amazing live!!! Also "Smart Patrol" which I didn't even know they perform live anymore.
Whoa! Booji (pronounced Boogie) Boy came out to sing the encore. For those of you that are not in the know (you pins!), Booji is a de-evolved human w/ the brain of an ape. He used to scare the hell out of me when I was younger. Do yrselves a favour, my awesome readers, youtube DEVO's old videos and check out the creepiness of Booji Boy.
The only issue I had the whole night was I got over heated and dehydrated. I thought I was going to pass out and sat down during the encore. Small price to pay to view greatness.
Monday, August 2, 2010
1) Have you ever had insomnia? Do you still, or did you find a way to cure it? I still, occasionally, have insomnia.
2) When was the last time you belly-laughed? Yesterday, the weirdness that is bio dad's life.
3) How many of your old phone numbers do you remember? Only 2 out of 6
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Wipe out!"
1) What is the most relaxing music at the end of a rough day? Stereolab or Kimya Dawson
2) Have you ever considered starting your own business? What would you do? Yes, all over the place: sex toys, used music store, deli.
3) Did you ever go cruising on weekend nights? Not since high school.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "AH SPEEDO! MY EYES! MY EYES!"