Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
1. Late people in a movie theater always make noise and sit in front of me. Everybody talks in the movie theatre, that's just a fact of life.
2. Why people choose to walk in the street rather than use the sidewalk. That doesn't bother me as much as bicycles on the sidewalk. I think it's man innate ability to be stupid.
3. Why teens in pictures on Facebook always have to hold a red cup to prove they are cool. Red = hot stuff White = mom
4. Why there could be nobody in line for the bathroom until you need to go. Women sync up their bladders together
5. Why some Walmart's have up to 100 check out lanes? Walmart is busy
6. Why they always need re-adjusting or scratching. Balls you mean? Because they sweat a lot and the hairs poke and tickle them
7. Why people go 30mph in the left lane in a 45 zone. Alzheimer's
8. Why people in congress are getting a raise. What do you mean? Don't they deserve it?
9. Why people on bicycles think they can weave through traffic and ignore lights and stop signs. That actually doesn't happen that often.
10. Why computers like to tell you they need to be restarted only when you are in the middle of doing something important. I have an Apple so no issues there...HA HA!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Sunday Stealing: That Meme That's Going Around
Cheers to all of us thieves!
A. Age: 36 next month....October 21st, mark it on yr calenders!
B. Bed size: queen
C. Chore that you hate: washing dishes....I'd rather gnaw on my fist
D. Dogs: something big & sturdy
E. Essential start to your day: shower
F. Favorite color: green
G. Gold or Silver: silver
H. Height: 5ft
I. Instruments you play: I used to play the flute when I was in middle school
J. Job title: Case Manager
K. Kids: zero, not going to happen ever ever
L. Live: I have no idea what yr talking about
M. Mother's name: Carol
N. Nicknames: Freckles....amongst others
O. Overnight hospital stays: 1984 recovering from food poisoning
P. Pet peeve: bad grammar and apathy
Q. Quote from a movie: "I said no salt on the margarita! NO SALT!"
R. Right or left handed: right
S. Siblings: 2 older brothers
T. Time you wake up: 6 am
U. Underwear: I have a pair on if that's what you mean...pink w/ white polka dots
V. Vegetable you hate: eggplant.....UGH!
W. What makes you run late: laziness
X. X-Rays you've had: hands, back and hips
Y. Yummy food that you make: I made some kick ass low fat mac n' cheese....the secret was the panko topping
Z. Zoo animal: birds of prey
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 19, 2011
Have you ever eaten anything that you once saw alive? Yes, SB & I went fishing in Mexico & had fish tacos on the beach
What creeps you out the most about clowns? The exaggerated makeup
Tell us your best or favorite garage sale or flea market find. Vintage lunch boxes! Or cheap Sweet Valley books. Or Seventeen magazines from the 1980s.
Who should get slapped on the wrist today? I have no idea
What do you need to accomplish this week? Successfully helped a client ...pretty proud of that actually
What's you best tip for online shopping? Sizes may vary
This was pretty random. Can you tell us something really random to end this week's meme with? Support a 4 day work week!
Sunday, September 18, 2011
Sunday Stealing: The Lower 40 Meme, Part Two
Cheers to all of us thieves!
21) Have you ever flown a kite? Yes, there's a great picture of me w/ braids in Martha's Vineyard flying a kite...I think I was 10
22) Do you wish on your fallen lashes? I used to
23) Do you consider yourself successful? Hmmmm......not sure
24) When was the last time that you made an obscene phone call? I don't do that
25) Have you ever asked for a pony? No, I'm afraid of horses
26) Plans for tomorrow? Work & zumba
27) Can you juggle? Badly, so that would be a no
28) Missing someone now? Possibly
29) When was the last time you told someone "I love you"? Last night
30) And truly meant it? Obviously, I'm married!
31) How often do you drink alcohol? A few times a week
32) How are you feeling today? Right now, I'm tired. I wish I had slept more
33) Have you every tried to write a meme? No, I leave that to the professionals
34) Have you ever been fired from a job? NO!
35) What are you looking forward to? Columbus Day weekend
36) Have you ever crawled through a window? Yes, I had locked myself out of my apartment
37) What's the most recent bad meal that you had to endure? Bad, as in the food was bad? I got an awful sandwich from the cafeteria at my old job about 10 years ago. Bad, as in the company was bad? SB's estranged family last summer
38) Can you handle the truth? Always
39) Whose to blame for what's going on? That's a loaded question....no one person should shoulder the responsibility of all the fucked up-edness
40) What will it take to fix it all up? A miracle
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Today's Meme is about internet frustrations.
Simply answer the questions and vent.
Oh, and have fun too.
1. Is anything ever easy to do on the internet? What do you think is surprisingly easy to do online? No! Nothing is easy on the interwebs when yr me.
2. What should be the punishment for the person who invented this (captcha...btw...when is it ever that easy to read?)? Work at the DMV for eternity....no breaks!
3. What is your secret name for the circle or the hourglass that comes up? I don't have one
4. What is the worst browser and what makes it so bad? All of them except Google.....Google Doodle 4 eva!
5. If we were to start an internet police, what law would you enact? Oh no, anarchy on the interwebs always
6. For violators of your law, what should the punishment be? There are no laws
7. And, the number one internet annoyance is? Everything...I live to be annoyed
8. The most frustrating thing on the internet is? Idiots on the boards
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Sunday Stealing: The Lower 40 Meme, Part One
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1) Who is the last person you high-fived? My brother...I think
2) If you were drafted into a war, would you survive. Nope! I suck
3) Do you sleep with the TV on? No...there's not television in our bedroom
4) Have you ever drunk milk straight out of the carton? Yes, just once...I didn't see the appeal
5) Have you ever won a spelling bee? No but I have come close...very close
6) Have you ever been stung by a bee? Lots and lots of bees....there once was a fucking swarm of them in my apartment
7) How fast can you type? I don't know, I've never counted
8) Are you afraid of the dark? No, I prefer the dark
9) Eye color: green/grey/blue
10) Have you ever made out at a drive-in? I've never been to a drive-in
11) When was the last time you chose a bath over a shower? Nearly 4 years ago
12) Do you knock on wood? I knock on my head...I have a wooden head
13) Do you floss daily? Yes, it feels good
15) Can you hula hoop? No but I do have flexible hips
16) Are you good at keeping secrets? Mostly, mostly
17) What do you want for Christmas? SB is getting me a new tattoo...I need heavy duty winter boots
18) Do you know the Muffin Man? Yup, he lives on Drury Lane
19) Do you talk in your sleep? There is a distinct possibility that I do
20) Who wrote the book of love? Yr mother!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Monday, September 5, 2011
2. How much was the minimum wage when you got your first job? $4.25
3. What was your first job- as in real actual employee- job? I sold crappy clothes at an Izod outlet on Wolf Rd next to Chi Chi's....which is now Romano's Macaroni Grill
4.What was the best job that you ever had? Zone Music and Video...I listened to CDs all day & got a 30% on everything
5. What was the worst job that you ever had? 6.5 years in a thankless soul sucking bullshit clerical job at a hospital
6. Describe your dream job. I used to dream about being a writer but lately I see myself climbing the non-profit ladder in a supervisory position
7. Who has the best job ever? The person that names all the colours for OPI
8. How do you usually celebrate Labor Day (or whatever holiday your location may have that is devoted to workers)? I don't celebrate it
Thanks for playing and have a great week!'
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Sunday Stealing: The 20 Questions of Doom Meme
Cheers to all of us thieves!
1. Do you believe in Heaven? Yes I do. There has to be something more than this....too much pain & suffering in this plane of existence for there not to be an afterlife.
2. Have you ever come close to dying? I've been very ill but not even close to dying
3. What jewelery do you wear 24/7? My wedding band and ruby engagement ring
4. Would you ever consider having plastic surgery? HELL YEAH! Lipo this shit out!
5. What do you wear to bed? A smile
6. Have you ever done anything illegal? Yes, petty larceny, speeding, ingestion of mind altering substances
7. Who was the last person that you touched? SB
8. Where did you eat last? Popcorn
9. Besides your own blog, are there any that you routinely read but never comment on? Yes a few, can't think of the names off the top of my head though
10. Ever been involved with the police? Other than being pulled over for speeding? Nope
11. Do you talk in your sleep? Occasionally
12. Now a celebrity fantasy. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend? Hugh Jackman & Moby
13. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life? So far, so good
14. Where do you wish you were? Someplace tropical
15. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? No
16. Is there any type of dancing that you love to do? Zumba & butt shaking
17. Last gift you received? Gift card to Target
18. Last sport you played? Kickball at the company picnic last month
19. Last place you went on holiday? Mini holiday to Boston
20. Current Song? "Pumped up Kicks"