Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 1, 2014

A New Post

I wouldn't call it a come back, I merely got the writing bug today.

Taken from http://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-music-meme.html

From The Plastic Mancunian

  The Music Meme 

1. Which bands/artist do you own the most albums by?  Stereolab. They changed my life during Thanksgiving 1994 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_XswHm514w&index=8&list=PLAhwneLBOOafQQXCw9W9PHX4wQpO8wAoL

2. What was the last song you listened to? Chuck E's in Love by Rickie Lee Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T-4y0kifAI

 3. What’s in your CD player right now? Elastica. I was having a 90s throwback

 4. What was the last show you attended? A double bill of Kreator and Arch Enemy. Kreator has been around for 30 years and they still have tremendous raw power. 

 5. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to? WOW! So many. If I have to chose it would be a 3 way tie between Tori Amos on her 1996 Dew Drop Inn tour. She was like a mystical creature singing her whole life.  Devo touring w/ Something for Everybody, just MAGICAL. Liz Phair 2003, she wore a sheer black negligee and wielded her guitar like the giant phallus it is.

 6. What’s the worst show you’ve ever been to? David Lee Roth 1990. His rhythm guitar player did most of the singing. We left after hearing them butcher "Unchained".

 7. What’s the most musically involved you have ever been? I'm not sure what this question is really asking. I sing all day long, my co-workers love it.

 8. What show are you looking forward to? I'm praying Kimya Dawson is going to tour the east coast again soon. 

 9. What is your favorite band shirt? Queensryche from the Operation: Livecrime tour.

 10. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day? Adam Ant, he's fascinating and he has dreamy eyes.

 11. Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback? The Smiths. It's too late for The Clash :-(

 12. Who is one band/artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to? Tom Waits. Please tour! Please!

 13. What was your last musical “phase” before you wizened up? I regret none of my musical choices. Even the ridiculous teen pop I loved in the 80s. All music is art.

 14. How many music related videos/DVDs do you own? 1, more Queensryche

 15. How many concerts/shows have you been to, total? I'm estimating about 100. I used to keep track.

 16. What’s your “guilty pleasure” that you hate to admit to liking? "Fancy" Iggy Azalea. I can't help it, such a catchy beat.

 17. What is your favourite movie soundtrack? Reality Bites, The Crow, or Guardians of the Galaxy.

3 comments:

Jon in Albany said...

Nice to see you again.

phairhead said...

Hi, Jon! :D

PorkStar said...

Nice to see you back.... sort of ?