Thursday, December 31, 2009
Yes, I am going to be married. June 2011.
Hang onto yr hats for a lot of insanity.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!!!!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Anyways, my friends at my old job took me out for lunch last week to this awesome Caribbean place on Washington Ave (across the street from The Fuze Box). I think it was called Casa de Las Brisas (not 100% on that). Normally I don't dig on buffets, I like my food hot and I like it my way. However, this place was freakin' awesome! For $7.99 ($10.25 for tax and a drink), you can have all you can eat. The buffet has a cold section and a hot section. I snarfed down fresh avocado and bell pepper, corn and green pepper and chickpea salad. The veggies were all fresh and the seasoning was just right. And if you hate peppers, they were big enough to pick out. Plus there was about 5 or 6 more dishes to choose from. On the hot side, I ate 2 chicken wings (though I could have easily inhaled 10 more!), curry chicken and yellow rice and beans. Everything was hot and de-licious. And in case yr keeping score, I did indeed indulge in dessert. I had 2 slices of cake, one piece of chocolate and one piece of spice cake. Moist and sweet.
It's an odd thing, I order eat chicken from our fave Chinese take out, Thai and Indian haunts we frequent. Hmmm, guess it translates well to all cuisines.
Lucky for me, this place is across the street from my new office.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
My fave Xmas gift this year was my new Canon Power Shot camera. Check my awesome new photos from Christ's birthday.
We also had a chance to check out the Badass Burrito. Monday and Saturday nights are $1 PBR and tacos. Sexybeast had 2 tacos, one beef and one pulled pork. He proclaimed them delicious. After so many days of gorging, I went w/ carne asada salad w/ lime cabbage slaw, a tasty vinaigrette. I subbed the mayo topping for guacamole. NOM NOM NOM. As I am not a huge beer fan, I partook of the 4 dollar Margarita special.
Monday, December 28, 2009
What makes you laugh? So many things. I'm a laugh slut. I feel beautiful when I laugh.
What makes you cry? Songs, commercials, movies.
What is the best thing about being you? I'm really fucking awesome!!!
1) What part of your day-to-day life requires the most patience from you? Living w/ Sexybeast.
2) What are your favorite winter activities? Sledding and drinking Kahlua & cocoa
3) What do you think of high heels? I prefer platforms because of my bad ankles
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "It's tweak nipple day!"
Saturday, December 26, 2009
1. What did you think of 2009? Some good, some bad.
2. What do you think was the news story of the year? That crazy Russian lady that kidnapped a dude and made him a sex slave for 3 days.
3. What happened this year that you never want to hear another word about? Golly! So many things! No one must ever ever ever mention Jon & Kate again.
4. What was your favorite song of 2009? Zero by Yeah Yeah Yeah's
5. What did you accomplish this year? Bought a house.
6. Did you learn anything new this year? I'm capable more things that I realized.
7. What are you looking forward to in the new year? My new job.
8. What are your plans for New Year's Eve? Going to the lake w/ my family.
9. What's the best thing you ever did on a New Year's Eve? Went to a reggae bar when I was 14 during Albany First Night.
Friday, December 25, 2009
1. My boots _are made for walking____________.
2. ____I am going to kick some ass_____ this century.
3. Imitation ___is the sincerest form of flattery_______.
4. ______Walk_______ and talk?
5. I'd like _to be thinner_____________.
6. _____Do you want to ___ get over it?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _digesting a large Christmas dinner while watching Doctor Who____, tomorrow my plans include __dollar PBR's at the Badass Burrito___ and Sunday, I want to __relax, possibly give myself a home mani/pedi___!
- How likely are you to return or exchange a gift you don’t like? 100% likely
- Who is the most gifted person you know? Gifted as in talented? Sheesh! SB's grandfather invented Astroturf. Genius.
- Of gifts you gave this year, which was really the closest to perfect for the recipient? My mother wanted a wallet, I found a super cheap Vera Bradley wallet to match her purse. I rule!
- What’s your favorite kind of gift to receive? Gift cards or books.
- What’s your favorite kind of gift to give? There's no specific gift I like to give. But I definitely like to give rather than receive.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Here's my hopefully prize winning Christmas post. The sexy and intelligent Amorous Rocker @ http://amorouschick.blogspot.com is having a contest to win a mystery something for downloading fave Xmas ornaments onto yr blog space.
#1 My grammy gave me that little mouse. I treasure it as she has long since shucked off this mortal coil.
#2 "What the hell is an aluminium falcon?" One of Sexybeast's, lights up in the back.
#3 Another of Sexybeast's; nothing says Christmas like Snoopy.
#4 A gift tag Sexybeast gave me last year.
#5 My momma made that for me in 1978.
#6 Apparently Sexybeast was a big fan of Garfield back in the day.
Thanks for peeking under my tree, everyone!!
Monday, December 21, 2009
1) Do you think you are fashionable? I think I'm fashion forward but I don't follow trends and I don't shop at high end stores.
2) If you could plan a trip anywhere in the world for yourself and your mate, where would you like to go? Costa Rica or London, depends on how cold I am at the time.
3) What major crime have you most often been seriously tempted to commit? Well, I used to smoke pot but I think that's more of a misdemeanor.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "I could have danced all night."
Sunday, December 20, 2009
When I get into these moods, I start getting nostalgic for my childhood. I re-read the Harry Potter series, I buy Hello Kitty products (5 dollar shirt @ Hot Topic!! my sale of the week) and watch cartoons obsessively.
I may be dating myself but these are my standout recollections for this week.
1. That Sesame Street book w/ the chocolate chip cookie tree. COOKIE!
2. Pinwheel from the early days of Nickelodeon. I'm obsessing about 2 cartoon shorts. One was about a little girl witch named Carrie and she had 2 bitchy older witch sisters and she scared the pants off them at the end. Sweet sweet cartoon revenge. "Hey! Hey! I'll get you!" The other was from a Scandinavian country about a boy that meets up w/ the North Wind. I'm dying to watch these again!
I was actually doing some light scouring of the interwebs the other night and I some what satisfied my fix by watching King Rollo, Hatty Town, the intro to Simon and the Land of the Drawings and Emily ("big brother Stephen, little sister Pat and my hedgehog Humphrey").
Anyone else wistful? Is this bringing back any memories?
Saturday, December 19, 2009
1. If you live where you get winter weather, do you prefer your Christmas to be white? If you never see snow, do you wish for it? It looks nice for one day but I really hate snow.
2. How many holiday cards did you receive from people you hadn't sent cards to, after the "mailing deadline?" Did you send a card anyway? Zero. Plus I give cards to people who never send them.
3. When the clock strikes Midnight on New Year's, will you be at home, at a party, or somewhere else? w/ family at the cabin. Perfect in case of a zombie uprising.
4. Have you ever taken the keys and driven home a friend that you felt was too drunk to drive? If not, do you think you would attempt to if that situation ever arose? I've never been in a situation where that has happened. Uh.....yeah! (dumbass)
5. Tell us about a gift that you either bought or made for someone else that you wanted for yourself! I'm not like that.
6. What chores do you have left for the holidays? Wrapping, which I do on Christmas Eve. And I have 2 packages to mail.
7. If you could buy one gift for yourself where money was not an obstacle, what would it be? My attic to be remodeled into a master bedroom and half bath.
8. What is one of your family’s favorite holiday traditions? Eating.
9. If you could give a fellow blogger a holiday gift, which would it be and what would you give them? Hello Kitty rice cooker to Albany Jane.
Friday, December 18, 2009
1. No, we will NOT ______pay a lot for this muffler_______.
2. ___Apple pie______ at the old kitchen table.
3. I watched the steam rising from the hot cup of coffee (or tea) and thought: _hot drinks make me thirsty_________.
4. ___Someday my self-esteem is__________ going to be okay.
5. I'll take ____a double__________.
6. __Drug addiction is a medical problem______ at least from my point of view.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _getting our new deep freezer____, tomorrow my plans include _tempura & games____ and Sunday, I want to _clean and do laundry and then snuggle on the couch___!
- How seriously do you take gift-wrapping when you give gifts? Not at all. I wait until the last minute.
- Do you save gift-wrapping to re-use later? HAAHAHAHAHA! I mean, no.
- How picky are you when it comes to selecting wrapping paper? Nothing too cutesy or something akin to a Thomas Kincaid painting.
- How much attention do you pay to the way gifts you receive are wrapped? Not very much.
- Among people you know, who is the most talented at wrapping gifts? My mother, thanks to her meticulous nature.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I was a cookie swap virgin up until the 13th. I drove Sexybeast insane pondering what to bake, how to store it, making sure I could double a recipe, etc. The man deserves to be canonized to put up w/ me.
In the end I found the perfect cookie, oatmeal chocolate chip pecan. I was really nervous because #1 i don't bake and #2 I wanted everything to be perfect perfect perfect.
As I don't own a Kitchen Aid (I WANT!), I borrowed my mother's Sunbeam hand mixer, which she received as a wedding shower gift in 1968.
OK, so, dry ingredients mixed together, wet ingredients in a separate bowl. The mixing of the wet worked perfectly. I enlisted Sexybeast's help slowly putting the dry into the wet. Hmm... why is this 42 y/o mixer going slower and slower. At which I gave up and mixed by hand.
I had no parchment paper, so I substituted w/ aluminium foil, which worked like a charm.
1st batch in the oven, perfecto. 2nd batch, hmm 3 cookies weren't baked fully. 3rd batch, mostly raw.
I got mad and the stress leaked onto Sexybeast. It finally sunk in that perhaps I should stop opening the oven door so much.
We had a fabulous time at the home of AlbanyJane & her husband AlbanyJohn & the little foster kitties. I almost fainted from cuteness overexposure! She baked a personal fave, candy cane cookies. And lilimonster of http://underthecoppertree.blogspot.com was also in attendance w/ her nummy num Filipino cookies (I lost count how many Sexybeast scarfed down!) And met many other cool peeps and tasty treats to boot. Twas a good day.
All the stress and worry has prepared me for my 2nd swap o' the season at the office this Friday.
Making chocolate dried fruit cookies. Details to follow.
Monday, December 14, 2009
What is your greatest strength? Tenacity
What is your worst weakness? So many to choose from. Hmmmm. A tie between impatience and being hypercritical
Is your favorite time the past, present or the future? The present. I think I answered a question like this before, something vaguely familiar about it.
1) What is one food you will never give up? Potatoes of any sort.
2) Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $40,000? No. Not even for 4 million dollars. I don't things on a dare. I don't whore myself out for cash.
3) You have just been granted the power to make anyone in the world do something each day. Who would you choose, and what would you make him or her do daily? Hugh Jackman has to nibble on my neck everyday.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Central Park"
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
1. Tell us about a night that you spent with someone who was a stranger, yet by the end of the night you were very close. Well, I met Sexybeast through craigslist. We had a really great blind date. We talked for 3 hours! The waiters asked us to leave because they wanted to go home.
2. When is the last time you rode the bus? In Mexico last February to Walmart.
3. Describe the last time you stood up for a cause. I participated in the AIDS walk this September.
4. What is something you would like to do, but you're afraid of the risk(s)? I would like to start my own business selling sex toys. I have no capital and my parents would be very angry w/ me.
5. What would you most like to accomplish before the year is over? Get engaged!
6. Name something you'll miss about 2009. All the wonderful road trips and vacations.
7. If you could invent something, what would it be? Flying cars
8. What first got you started blogging? My gorgeous and talented friend Lydia www.kiss-and-makeup.blogspot.com
9. How did you find this meme? Google
Name 6 of your favourite breakfast cereals?
(in ascending order!)
5. Honey Nut Cheerios - they taste great w/ fresh banana
4. Almond Cherry granola- I buy from a bin at Hanaford
3. Kashi Golean Hearty Honey Cinnamon- lots o' fiber!
2. Lucky Charms - they're magically delicious
1. Annie's Homegrown Vanilla & Chocolate Bunnies - OMG!! I could eat half a box w/out thinking.
FYI I eat my cereal out of the box or w/ yogurt. Milk + cereal = BLECH
Friday, December 11, 2009
1. Good times: __a full belly, a light heart and good friends___________.
2. _______Anyone is welcome in__ my home.
3. Sleigh bells ring _are you listening?_________.
4. Give a little_____________ little.
5. Once more _w/ feeling_____________.
6. ______When will it all__ end?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _relaxing w/ the boy____, tomorrow my plans include _Hanukkah dinner and birthday drinks at the local dive bar____ and Sunday, I want to _kick up my heels at the cookie swap____!
Buyer’s remorse is a well-known condition that strikes us all, but what other kinds of remorse have you experienced?
- When did you last experience emailer’s remorse? Ugh! w/ a guy I dated briefly. He wished me "good luck" w/ Sexybeast and I ripped him a new one. It was mostly an e-mail filled w/ the word fuck. Not one of my better moments.
- When did you last experience diner’s remorse? At El Loco, frozen spinach does not belong in a chicken enchilada. But the sangria was great! Aside from the spinach, the food was awesome. So not really that remorseful I guess.
- When did you last experience movie-goer’s remorse? Synedoche, NY. Long, rambling and pointless.
- When did you last experience caring friend’s remorse? Doesn't exist.
- When did you last experience lover’s remorse? I had one night hook up before Sexybeast. Should have thought that through a bit better.
- When did you last experience function-attender’s remorse? Never, I have fun wherever I go.
alternate question in case that last one was too personal:
Thursday, December 10, 2009
1. Isn't showing a condom commercial during Sex Rehab With Dr Drew almost like showing a pain narcotic or an alcohol commercial during Intervention? Hmmmm.... I believe that is the exact definition of irony.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
This weeks question is:
What special room do you want in your house? A library. A place for all my books, journals and magazines. And fancy iBook. A place where I can write in peace and quiet.
What else do you want this week? Share it all. For the bad weather to take a hike. To be more comfortable in my own skin. To be more motivated. For Friday night to get here!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
A winter word association, music style: I give you some words and you tell me the artist, song etc that you first think of.
Please note, these not my fave songs, merely associations to the word provided.
snowflake: Icicle by Tori Amos
bitter: Tainted Love by Soft Cell
cold: Divorce Song by Liz Phair
snuggle: All I Want is you by Harry Louis Polisar
kind: God Bless the Child by Billie Holiday
tree: Oh! Christmas Tree - traditional Christmas carol
dark: Raining Blood by Slayer
long: Dark & Long (Dark Train) by Underworld
candy: I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow
special: Brass in Pocket by The Pretenders
Monday, December 7, 2009
) Do you prefer watching or playing sports? Meh. It depends. Watching a game of baseball is good. But so is playing a rousing game bocce ball.
2) Do you get annoyed easily? AAAAHHHH!!! WHAT THE FUCK? Yr annoying me.
3) In your opinion, what is the best album (or CD) cover ever? Wow. Hmmmm. London Calling, Paul Simonon showing his bass who's the boss. Hint: it ain't Tony Danza
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Around the world and back again! That's the sailors' way."
If you could bring one character to life from your favorite book, who would it be? Oh golly! What a great question. Probably Astrid from The Whores on the Hill, Doreen from Brave New Girl or Offred from A Handmaid's Tale.
Which cartoon character do you resemble the most? Maybe Daria Morgandorfer. Not in respect to her looks but I believe we are of like minds.
What vegetable do you most resemble? A radish, cause I'm round and red.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
I was in Boston, MA w/out Sexybeast.
I tried to fill my time w/ Candyland, Operation and Guess Who, the Boston Aquarium. However, I couldn't hide my sadness. I hate celebrating holidays w/out some sort of protection.
It wasn't all bad, I made my pilgrimage to Trader Joe's, getting my usual stock of taquitos plus pork pot stickers and mixed nuts. And the Punjab Market for cheap cheapy cheap spices and naan. Which will freeze easily for my dinner party.
December has crashed in and my depression quickly followed. Bear w/ me.
This wasn't available until late last night. Enjoy!
Reflect on the characteristics of your best friend. What makes him or her so special? Their brutal honesty. Their laugh. Their devious nature. Their kindness.
What is one quality you admire most in others? Courage. Of which I need some extra helpings.
Describe an activity that you think is truly romantic. Holding hands and listening to the quiet.
Monday, November 30, 2009
1) What is your favorite current TV commercial? That one for the used BMW. Might be a local thing.
2) Have you ever gotten off at the wrong stop on the subway or bus? No but I have driven gotten off at the wrong exit.
3) What is the worst thing about political liberals? Political conservatives? The same thing, they try and shove their dogma down yr throat.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Sir, yes, sir!"
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
1. Go to Ipod
2. Press shuffle
3.Press play. No cheating. No skipping.
4.Type the song title for each category that has randomly appeared on Ipod.
Opening Credits: Little Shadow - Yeah Yeah Yeah's
A quiet way to my day.
Don't listen to Jack Black. Belle & Sebastian is not sad bastard music.
Does that mean I drink lots of whiskey, make out w/ you hard and then punch you in the face? Karen O style!
Tres French! And I don't speak French. They say it's the language of love.
That would be one psychedelic fight! I personally want this song to be my wedding reception entrance song.
Yes, Moby, you do understand my pain
A cry while you do it song.
"Stop wasting our time. Stop wasting our lives..." Maybe he's embarrassed of me.
I love love love Michael Nesmith's voice. Very wistful.
HA! This is about a groupie. Perhaps one of those psycho clingy ones.
3 Monkees' songs in a row? Ipod is in love w/ Davy Jones! Bu uh, traveling, salesman, sure it fits.
Hmmmm yeah not so much.
Fuck yeah!!!! Is it wrong that I have crush on big ol' Ce-Lo?
More like a song I had to listen to 50,000 times to get all the words. But there is a certain boppyness to it.
A manage of three? Although, women in friendships of three never work out. So yeah, regretful
Ha! Perfect. And I would get away w/ murder.
I would be happy to die to this song! So awesome!
Closing Credits: Tick - Yeah Yeah Yeah's
If only I was cool as Karen O.....
By the by people, I have soooooo many songs by various artistes, I don't know why Ipod decided to focus on such a core group. Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!
Monday, November 23, 2009
1) Imagine you had a job interview today. What would you wear to it? Same thing I'm wearing now. Brown tweed skirt and chartreuse V-neck sweater, brown tights and brown Doc Marten loafers. "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have." "Well, I guess Jan wants to be a whore then." -- Angela from The Office
2) If you could trade places with any of your friends, who would you choose? Wow! Albany Jane. Because she can make flan.
3) Have you ever had something stolen from you or been the victim of a crime? I've had my wallet stolen the day before Thanksgiving '06.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "This little light of mine. I'm gonna let it shine."
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Anyways, for my laundry movie I watched "Adventureland". I thought this would be a dopey "Superbad" kind of lameass crapfest as most films w/ Ryan Reynalds are. Man, I hate that guy! I was wrong. It was good and poignant and sadly funny. Plus, my boy Martin Starr, of "Freaks and Geeks" fame, did a really great job as second banana Joel.
Basically, it tells the story of a recent college graduation having the worst summer of his life. He learns, he laughs, he loves. And Kristen Stewart is the love interest. Why does she always play morose characters? Seriously, that chick needs to learn how to smile.
Rent it today.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
We started tossing around ideas for dinner. I'll call her Blondie, said she wanted soup. Yes, that's right, soup for dinner. OK short of a homeless shelter, you can't have soup for dinner. Her sister, Hot Mama, said she wanted pasta fagioli and her husband, Fluff, said whatevskies. Sexybeast and I thought. "hmmmmm pasta fagioli pasta fagioli. Where can we get good pasta fagioli?" AHA! Petta's in the ghetto in Schenectady.
I have some personal history w/ Petta's. That is the place where my parents met 40 some odd years ago. At that time, it was just a pizza and beer joint. And my underage mother and her bad fake ID quaffed cheap ale and stole my father's cradle robbing heart. To be fair, she turned 18 a few weeks after they met.
Fast forward to Nov. 2009 and boy oh boy is Petta's everything a great Italian eatery should be. Fresh bread, home made pastas and BIG portions. I got the special, for $20 I got a 14 oz prime rib (BLOODY!) w/ a choice of soup or salad (salad w/ Italian dressing on the side) pasta or potato (baked sans sour cream and I ate the skin for extra iron) and a veggie. (greens) The beef was cooked perfectly and tasted even better the next day. And the greens were extra garlicy, nom nom nom. And I got dessert to go, home made cheesecake w/ cherries. The perfect thing to eat at 1 am when you've been drinking for a few hours. Trust me! Sexybeast and Fluff had chicken Michael, breaded and sauteed GIGANTIC chicken breast coated in roasted red peppers and mozzarella. It smelled divine. I had that dish 2 years ago, perfection. Hot Mama had scallops, to which she said "mmmmmmhhhhhgoodscallopshhhhhhhmmmmm". And Blondie had her a trough of pasta fagioli.
Sexybeast felt uncharacteristically bouncy and energetic on Sunday. I hate Sundays w/ a passion. The whole day I lament that I have to go to work on Monday and that makes me feel very blue. We headed over to the Schenectady Winter Market. The parking was free. This is something I think a lot about as I headed deeper into my 30's. Parking and cleaning supplies. We purchased fresh carrots, HUGE stalk of brussel sprouts, hard cider from a winery in Chatham, muesli from a hippie that bought our electric stove (she knocked 50 cents off the price as the stove has been doing a great job toasting her almonds), cheesy garlic bread, the world's largest apples (they're called Muzos and they are gooooood!) and cheese from the guy from Palatine Bridge (horseradish pub cheese and bacon/onion cheddar).
As a side note, we also went Sal's on Saturday, our local butcher. The prices are reasonable and the selection is great. I felt like I was in Europe. Instead of going to the lame ass supermarket, I went to the green grocer for my produce and the butcher for my meat. It makes me sad to think I missed out doing this all the time before the supermarket giants took over.
Sigh : (
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
For the challenge, there was ridiculous hip hop hula thing the hamsters had to master. It was really really lame. The winner was southern belle Laura and she won a vacation back to Hawaii. And she'll be bringing Lazy Eye Jennifer.
The photo shoot was kinda awesome. The hamsters were styled like Pele, goddess of volcanoes. She also craves boy blood or so says Tori Amos. And winning photo went to my fave, Nicole!!! And 2 models got the boot. That's good that they're switching things up this season. Adios to bratty Erin and lazy eye Jennifer. Laura and Nicole are in the final two!
Next week: a new Top Model is crowned
Monday, November 16, 2009
You have a brain tumor. Though there is no discomfort at the moment, this tumor would unquestionably kill you in six months. However, your life can (and will) be saved by an operation; the only downside is that there will be a brutal incision to your frontal lobe. After the surgery, you will be significantly less intelligent. You will still be a fully functioning adult, but you will be less logical, you will have a terrible memory, and you will have little ability to understand complex concepts or difficult ideas. The surgery is in two weeks.
How do you spend the next fourteen days? I wouldn't have that fucking surgery even if they paid me! I'd draw up a will so my precious possessions will have homes. Then go a tour of Europe. On the 14th day, I'd drink champagne and wash it down w/ some kick ass painkillers.
Every person you have ever slept with is invited to a banquet where you are the guest of honor. No one will be in attendance except you, the collection of your former lovers, and the catering service. After the meal, you are asked to give a fifteen-minute speech to the assembly.
What do you talk about? Music, everybody likes music. This wouldn't be a very large party. I'm just saying....
You have won a prize. The prize has two options, and you can choose either (but not both). The first option is a year in Europe with a monthly stipend of $2,000. The second option is ten minutes on the moon.Which option do you select? Europe, obviously. Hopefully, I won't have a brain tumor.
1) Would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes, or a week without a change of clothes, but be able to bathe? Wow, that's a toughie! I'm going w/ no bathing but able to change clothes. Even if I can't clean myself at my undies will be fresh. I threw up a little in mouth thinking about these two scenarios.
2) What things do you like most and least about organized religion? Most: it gives people an arena to share in their faith. Least: idiots who do terrible things in the name of God
3) Have you ever been to a fashion show? Nope. Every year I say I'm going to Trashion but I never make it. NEXT YEAR! Mark my words.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "BOOKS! My one true love!"
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I hadn't planned on doing much Tuesday night, writing is supposed to be my main priority. But whilst perusing last week's Metroland, (that's right I'm a week behind but work life has been completely fucking crazy!) I spied the 4th Annual Spelling Bee at both Bomber's Burrito Bar locations. And guess what, y'all?! I made it to the grand championship round that's happening this Monday. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to the final round and vie for 250 clams as I going up to the Adirondacks for a few days.
Interesting side note, audience participation is NOT welcome. Some drunk dude tried to help me and nearly got the boot from Bomber's. Those spelling bee moderators do not fuck around.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I missed the beginning of Top Model because we had a dinner party w/ our parents last Wednesday. There's a new live poultry and rabbit place down the road from us. You pick 'em, they kill 'em. We got 2 nice roasters. I had some left over spice from when I made Moroccan meatballs last spring, so Sexybeast rubbed the chicks down w/ it. I made a curried couscous and marinated chickpeas. Toasted pita bread rounded out the Moroccan feast. Yummyness!
Anyways, I caught the tail end and Nicole won extra frames for the photo shoot..... and a pearl necklace. HEE HEE HEE! In turn, Nicole chose Sundai to get extra frames for her photo. Sundai passed some extra frames to Laura. Laura, in turn, chose Lazy Eye Jennifer to also have some extra frames. And Bratty Erin got squat! Nyah nyah nyah!
For the photo shoot, the chicks posed underwater in some beautiful couture gowns. I'm sure salt water is great for silks and chiffons. Anydoodle, Lazy Eye Jennifer had best photo of the week. Meh. She's annoying. I'm sure she'll win. And packing it up was Sundai and her stupid asthma.
Next week: hula/hip hop
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
What does it mean to you to have courage? Standing up and saying, "Hey world, I don't give a fuck what you think!"
Is your favorite time the past, present or the future? 50% present, my life is pretty aces right now, & 50% future, if things are this awesome now, it can only get exponentially more awesome in 10 plus years from now.
What makes you a good person? I'm honest and sweet.
1) When were you most selfish? Least selfish? The most selfish? Hmmmm. I wouldn't share an economy size bag of Doritos with my father when I was 10. He was maaaad! Least selfish, I think I'm like that all the time. What can I say? I'm a giver.
2) Who is the best person for you to talk to when you have the blues? My father or my friend Cris.
3) Do you ever take naps during the day? Very rarely will I nap. Sometimes after afternoon delight. Sometimes if I'm stretched out watching an all day marathon of something. Napping is definitely for Saturdays. If I nap on a work night, then I don't sleep at night.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "NUBBIES!"
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
And Erin has made up a good timey sing-a-long song: "My name's Nicole and I like art. My name's Jen and I like to fart. My name's Laura, I have hair like a poodle. My name's Sundai and I like noodles. My name's Brittany and I'm good at math. My name's Erin and I kick ass." C'mon, people, let's all hold hands and sing!
For the Challenge, the hamsters had a quickie surfing lesson and then were photographed in some action shots. And Erin the brat won! She got to take a helicopter tour around the main island. But apparently, that wasn't good enough for Miss Blondey Brat, she wanted a tangible prize like jewelry or clothing. And on a hi-larious side note, Laura got burnt to a raw red crisp.
For the photo shoot, the hamsters made into mixed races or "hapa". Like Barak Obama! Hapa was also the name Sexybeast called his Polish grandfather. It's basically just an excuse to put the chicks into black face. Winning photo of the week went to my girl Nicole and her interpretation of Japanese and Malagasi ( a person from Madagascar). I hope she wins it all. Ok, for some reason, everything is written in italics. Please, bear w/ me! And packing it in is snooty Brittany who doesn't know how to be a fashiony Native American and east Indian.
Hopefully, everything will be back to normal tomorrow.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
So this Halloween was infinitely better than last year when I got diagnosed w/ gall stones. We started off the evening by eating a meat baby. I got the idea from www.thisiswhyyourfat.com, we made some modifications as it was just Sexybeast and I for dinner. As you can see, the head and body is meatloaf. Sexybeast found a great basic recipe from The Joy of Cooking. The eyes are pickles, I cut them into circles myself! An onion mouth, bacon diaper and jalapeno cheddar sausages for the appendages. Tasty but not something I could eat a lot of.
As you can see, we dressed as The Watchmen. I put the wig on and I was transformed. I loved it! "Gee, honey, I kind of feel like I'm cheating on you.... with you." The only thing I was pissed about was my stupid false eyelashes. I did feel I didn't look the exact part w/out them : (
We went drinking at our fave dive bar. Sexybeast threw up 3 times. We went to bed.
Monday, November 2, 2009
1) What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world? Geez, what a pageant question. IDK, liberty and justice for all.
2) Can you play a musical instrument? What instrument would you like to learn? I used to play the flute when I was in the 5th grade. I would love love love to learn how to play the guitar but I think my hands are too small.
3) Who was (or is) the scariest teacher you know? Mrs. Hartnett, evil twisted bitch, "taught" science from 5th to 8th grade and was my full time 8th grade teacher. I'm still working this out.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Yup, it's a penguin."
Most of the U.S. observed Daylight Savings Time yesterday. Is it easy or difficult for you to switch your body clock? Do you suffer from jet lag when traveling? Very difficult to get used to the time difference, esp. when going ahead an hour. My sleep schedule gets all bunged up for a while. When I traveled to Seattle and England, the jet lag was worse coming home. When I went to Mexico this past winter, I was all out of sorts my 1st day there.
If you had to pick one place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you go? NYS Museum
When you travel away from home, do you miss it? I miss my cat Squeaky but otherwise no, I do not miss home.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
And overly blonde Erin is still bitching that my homie Nicole won best photo last week. Suck it up, ya spaz!
For the challenge, the chicks had to interview the latest nymphette from the newly revamped (and totally sucky!) TV show 90210. Heh, remember when Jason Priestly was on SNL about 15 years ago? Ah, the parodies! Anyways... Oh, no! What happened? The tele-prompter conked out on the chicks a few minutes into the interview. And the chicks were forced to improv questions to the slutty actress. Ha! Nicole asked the whore if she had ever been knocked up. Nice! Snot faced Erin won. Blechy.
So instead of having a photo shoot, the hamsters had to write their own lines for 30 second Cover Girl spot. Curses, we have no Tivo! It was every bit horrendous as you can imagine. Winning commericial went to Lazy Eye Jennifer. 'cause she bubbles. Well, she makes me gassy. So, brava, Jennifer, brava. And packing it in is Rae, because she's boring. Huh? Why do they always eliminate the pretty ones 1st?
Next week: the chicks are a-travelin'!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Sexybeast was my expert as he has 2 tattoos and we had been having discussions about the design I wanted. Tattoos are forever and I didn't want a flaming skull or Kermit the Frog playing a banjo. I wanted something pretty but not sappy, something that had meaning to me. Aha! Lily of the valley! It's one of my favourite flowers and Lily in Latin translates to Susan. I am such a fucking egomaniac.
The tattoo artist was pretty smoking hot which helped infinitely. We listened to Metallica, Sexybeast held my hand and we bullshitted. Here's the truth, getting a tattoo really fucking HURTS. It felt like the needle was digging into my foot bone. I concentrated on my breathing and it helped slightly.
3 days of daily Advil, keeping Lily covered whilst wearing my shoes during the day and keeping it lightly lubed and air at night and I'm healed. I'm walking art. I'm a sex bomb.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
I started off w/ the light stuff, Skid Row, Extreme, Kik Tracee. Heavy on the pretty and cheese factor. When I began my love affair w/ angst, the music I loved grew darker and more complex, Voivod, Pantera, Danzig.
My enthusiasm for metal waned over time. It was something I looked upon w/ embarrassed fondness.
Then I met Sexybeast, a metal fanatic (though to be fair he loves Tom Waits and The Beatles too!). Being around each other, I was re-introduced into something I thought was long dead inside of me.
This past Saturday, I had the privilege of seeing Type O Negative. Self described as "goth-adelic", these boys are moody, hate filled creatures of the night. But the melodies, the lyrics! I was back in my 18 year old mind and it was GOOD. Having conquered many personal demons (and a serious cocaine addiction), Peter Steele sang every word w/a beautiful anguish that he has not been able to manage in many years.
On Sunday, we saw a double header of Mastodon, a weirdly multi-faceted band, that writes all concept albums. They performed Crack the Skye in it's entirety against the back drop of short film that followed the story. They really are visual band. I really couldn't explain the story, check Wikipedia, but it involves astral projection and Rasputin.
Many of you know my love of the one of the funniest adult cartoons in human existence, Metalocalypse. OMG! OMG! OMG! They were so fucking awesome!! They performed my fave song "Murmaider", a song about mermaid murder. Brutal! Essentially, the real band played on stage while Dethklok performed on a big screen behind them.
I had a rockin' weekend. How ' bout you?
Monday, October 26, 2009
How do you define honesty? I hate idiotic questions like this.
What is the main thing that makes you unique? IDK. My genetic code.
What is your biggest fear or worry? I don't have enough money, I'm a failure, my insecurity will be my downfall.
Jesus, this batch of questions really sucked ass!
1) What genre of movies do you prefer? Independent or documentary.
2) If you could have overheard a specific conversation between any two people, what would it be? The Executive Director and Program Supervisor of the non-profit I was supposed to have a 2nd interview w/ and they deemed me unworthy to be speak w/ based on my writing sample. "The quality just isn't there." I felt like telling her I was recently published.
3) What behavior do you think is the most common but rudest? Interrupting. Don't do it if you value yr life!
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Bored now"
Saturday, October 24, 2009
On w/ the Top Model recap!
Kara, whom I think looks like a dude, was trash talking my weirdo and fellow red headed sister, Nicole. Kara, Nicole is more attractive than you and you suck. So there!
The chicks were divided into pairs and had to drive around the greater Los Angeles area for go-sees and a casting call. Rae, the under aged mom, drives likes a 70 y/o grandpa. Hi-larity ensued and some of the chicks were disqualified for being late getting back to the designated meeting area. And the big wiener was my bitch Nicole!!!!! In ya' manly lookin' face, Kara! Nicole won a rack of clothes from all the designers she goed and seed. And back at the house of hamsters, Kara and her lackey complain loudly that the Nicole win was not deserved. Gee, sour grapes much?
For the photo shoot, the hamsters were put into harnesses and given martial arts weapons. Lots of complaining about raw chaffed lady bits. Y-IPES! And the winning photo of the week went to Nicole. Yeah, she looked totally bad ass w/ her samurai sword. And getting kicked to the curb this week was Kara. Revenge is dish best served cold!!! MUAHAHAHAHA! You see, Kara, when you act like a butthole, you get it back twofold.
Next week: stupid ass Cover Girl commercial.
Friday, October 23, 2009
My birthday was Oct. 21st. I'm a birthday brat. I love love love celebrating the day my mother pushed me out into the world .
We started my birthday week off at my parent's house for dinner this past Saturday. Shepherd's pie and chocolate cream pie. Our friend Lynch joined us. I got some pretty kick ass presents too: money, new sheets for our new bedroom (Sexybeast's ex had horrible taste), wall stickie art (big decorative sticker-like doodads) and mom took some of my many postcards I have collected and framed a few of them. And a I won a 2 dollar scratch off. Wooty woo!
And just when you think it couldn't get anymore awesomer, on the 21st we had our big staff meeting and I brought cupcakes that mom made special for me: chocolate cherry, chocolate chip & carrot cake. And that evening we went to Wolff's Biergarten for fantastic German food and my free birthday beer in a glass boot. 3 litres of Oktoberfest. My lovely dovely friend AlbanyJane of http://albanyeats.blogspot.com and her very nice husband AlbanyJohn came a-callin'. Yeah, blogger solidarity!! There is mac n' cheese in yr future! And go check out her blog, awesome stuff, y'all. And Senor Lynch dropped by and an old dear friend, Aaron. I had some nummy knockwurst, red cabbage (instead of farty sauerkraut) and German smashed potatoes. DROOL DROOL DROOL. Cash only, peeps. And so worth it too.
During the course of drinking my boot, I got pretty hammered. I ate some free spaetzel w/ gravy. And 3/4 of the way through, I threw in the boot. Not literally, there's a $40 deposit fee. And unfortunately, as we approached the final miles to our new home, I booted on the door of Sexybeast's truck. He was not happy!
All in all, 34 is gonna be a good year. Thanks to all the wishes and to my friends that helped me party down on my special day.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Be back tomorrow w/ Top Model recap. I'm behind w/ Top Chef as I no longer have cable and it's not on hulu.
Monday, October 19, 2009
1) Among all your childhood friends, who had the parents everyone wanted to have? I don't think anybody had the cool parents.
2) Do you have relatives nearby? Or do you have to travel a ways to see family? My older brother is in Boston. My parents and oldest brother live close to me. My grandmother is no longer on this spiritual plane, not sure when we will meet again.
3) Are you a saver or a spender? I'm cheap but I go on sprees. That's the charm of me!
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "It's my birthday! My ba-ba birthday!"
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
If I seem like a grumpy bitch next month. it's just because I'm a grumpy bitch that's struggling to complete a novel in a month.
Wish me luck!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
And let the parade of humiliation begin! The hamsters had to perform their own choreographed dance to convey 3 distinct emotions: happiness, sadness and anger, in groups of 3. It took me hours to regain my sensibilities. Did I mention these dances were in public? Oy ve!
And keeping on w/ the group theme, the hamsters had to pose on "trapeze" w/ cirque du soliel chicks in groups of 3. And getting das boot is Ashley for not be able to do jack shit when posing.
8 bitches remain!
For the Quickfire Challenge, the cheftestants were greeted by my former crush, Tyler Florence. I used to think he was the be all, end all. I have no idea why, he's very frat boy-esque. Then he started featuring Tyler Florence meals at Crapplebee's. WHY? You shameless, whore!!! And can we talk about the monstrosity that Padma was wearing? A LIME GREEN JUMPSUIT!!!! She looked like one of Cher's back up singers circa 1978. Anyways, the Quickfire was an interesting concept, the cheftestants had to pull the lever on a slot machine (I GET IT ALREADY! They're in Vegas!) to randomly select a mood, a flavour and a type of cuisine. Fun! Sucking it big time were Robin and her hot curry mess that was neither "stressed, unami nor Middle Eastern" and Jen for being boring instead of "adventurous, cheesy and American". The big winner was Kevin and his grilled pork and Vietnamese salad that was "stressed, spicy and Asian" Instead of opting for immunity, Kevin chose to take 15 grand in cash instead. Very admirable. He's a great chef, he can stand by his food.
For the Quickfire Challenge, the cheftestants had to cook a family style dinner for an illustrious bunch o' chefs in pairs using an illustrious chef's bag o' mystery ingredients. And getting the big win was Jen for making an outstanding broth for Kobe beef. Jen seems really wooden and I suspect she's been dipping into the botox. Eh, I just can't warm up to her. And packing their knives was Ashley for taking the wrap for douche bag Eli over salting her gnocchi. Oh yeah and she also under cooked her spot prawns. FOUL! Ash should have been sent home for riding the coat tails of his partner.
The ladies are dropping like flies....