Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

A Day of Rest

http://mondaymahem.blogspot.com/2011/09/labor-day-meme.html


1. In your opinion, what does Labor Day mean to you? The end of summer, day off of work


2. How much was the minimum wage when you got your first job? $4.25

3. What was your first job- as in real actual employee- job? I sold crappy clothes at an Izod outlet on Wolf Rd next to Chi Chi's....which is now Romano's Macaroni Grill

4.What was the best job that you ever had? Zone Music and Video...I listened to CDs all day & got a 30% on everything

5. What was the worst job that you ever had? 6.5 years in a thankless soul sucking bullshit clerical job at a hospital

6. Describe your dream job. I used to dream about being a writer but lately I see myself climbing the non-profit ladder in a supervisory position

7. Who has the best job ever? The person that names all the colours for OPI

8. How do you usually celebrate Labor Day (or whatever holiday your location may have that is devoted to workers)? I don't celebrate it

Thanks for playing and have a great week!'

6 comments:

Stacy said...

You must be closer to my age than I thought. My first job paid $4.25, too. That was in 1983.

phairhead said...

SL: I'll be 36 in October :-)

Stacy said...

Only 36? Cripes, how long did the government leave minimum wage at $4.25? I'm 47!

Candy said...

Great answers
Happy Monday!

I am Harriet said...

That OPI job would be cool to have.

Thanks for playing!

phairhead said...

Harriet: I know! Right?