Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who Me

I am obsessed with all things Doctor Who, except for the crappy spin-offs! My obsession began late one night at my aunt and uncle's house. I was sleep walking, my aunt had on PBS (as she was apt to do as she was British and cultured) and I vividly recall a commercial for Doctor Who, showcasing Doctors 3, 4 and 5, with the tag line "Who's Doctor Who?". I was immediately sucked in, yes yes who was this mysterious man? Then I knew, it was the tall guy with the big nose and long multicoloured scarf. (the lovely and talented actor Tom Baker whom I have non-sexual crush on)

For those of you not in the loop, the premise of the show is that ubiquitous Doctor is a Time Lord, one who can travel in time and space with the help of his craft, and gets into all sorts of adventures. Theactor who played the first Doctor did feel like being a part of the show after three years, the show was a huge success and not wanting to end it so quickly, invented the power of regeneration for The Doctor. Pretty clever way of keeping the show running actually.

The show began in 1963 and I really dig the cheesiness of the costumes, sets and the scriptwriters' ideas of what Earth life would be like in the future.

To my complete and utter delight, the show was relaunched in 2005 after a 16 year absence. I adore the new improved Doctor, esp. that handsome devil David Tennant, the actor playing The Doctor. *swoon*

I live you with this: Exterminate! Exterminate!

No comments: