Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 28, 2008

5 People I'd have a Beer With

My dear friend Matt of the funny and well written blog patweet.blogspot.com challenged me to answer this question of whom I would kick back some suds with, living, dead or fictional. I never back down from any man, so here goes:

1. I would love to have some one on one time w/ A.M. Homes, she's a fascinating writer and so little is known about her. From what I've read in her memoir The Mistress' Daughter, I can see why she shies away from the general public.

2. Jeff Buckley, he died too young but left 3 fabulous CD's behind. His songs have great imagery and he has real flair for titles and wonderful sense of humour. I bought Grace a few months before he drowned in the Mississippi river.

3. Another dead guy, Peter Sellers, how fucking funny would he be at the bar. All his characters and wonderful improvisation. Plus I would totally sleep w/ him. Not know of course, that's just gross.

4. I am madly in love with the book The Whores on the Hill, mainly because of the character of Astrid, as she is puts it "we are young and out for glory". And also because I condone underage drinking.

5. Last and certainly not least, Margaret Cho. Now I know she no longer drinks but I adore her and weirdly enough I think I have alot in common w/ Ms. Cho. Though that just may be fan wanking.

The gauntlet has been thrown Matt!

1 comment:

Smirking Cat said...

I hate beer...if you're still speaking to me after that admission, I would say that I'd love to share a Coke with Margaret Atwood. Or Wonder Woman, except I am competitive and might challenge her to arm wrestling.