Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2008

Pho Me!

I had the prilevedge of going out to dinner w/ my sexy beast recently. We have this weird bad luck thing following us when we attempt to go out for Vietnamese food. We've gone to the wrong restaurant, they've been closed for 2 weeks cause of Independence Day (you figure that one out!), etc.

In my humble opinion, the best of all Asian foods comes from Vietnam. So we finally manage to get there after 3 long months of being Vietnamese-less. Oh boy it was worth the wait! I had the fresh Summer Rolls, diced tofu, cucumber, scallions and bean sprouts stuffed in rice paper (it turns clear when you heat it!) followed by the beef eye round pho. Pho is pronounced fuh for all you Vietnamese neophytes and is a delicious stew like concoction of broth, meat, lime, bean sprouts, scallions, hot sauce and cilantro. Holy God mouth orgasms for days! Sexy Beast is addicted to the coffee, I can't really describe it but it's strong and sweet all at the same time.



Hmmm.... maybe in another 3 months I'll get to go there again barring famine, flood and pestulence.

2 comments:

M. Da Glyde Woodrow said...

I do beg to differ...Yama's Korean food is the best of the best when it comes to asian food!

Lydia said...

No, you are both wrong. Thai food is the best of the Asian realm!