Monday, May 31, 2010
1) Who do you grieve for? That I've missed so much of real life because I was too depressed to get off the couch.
2) List 5 blue things you can see right now. iPhone, camera, SB, pretty ceramic coasters, Buffy comic
3) How old were you the first time you flew in an airplane? 8. We were going to Orlando, FL
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "I ate a lot of green M&M's"
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the color of Bret Michaels' bandanna, and the number 8888.
1. Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself? 8 more hours until a 3 day weekend
2. Where's your picket fence? I don't have one nor will I have.
3. With a big smile on your face, you do what? MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
4. If I was to walk up to you, you'd do what? Stand my ground
5. The list goes on and on. What list? Of things that I love
6. Does every rose have a thorn or does every thorn have a rose? Every flower has a stem
7. Talk dirty to me. What kind of mop/vacuum/dust thingymabob do you use? I love my Swiffer duster!!!
8. Your Mama don't __compliment me_____ and your Daddy don't ___listen____.
9. Ever had a suitcase packed by your feet, and if so where were you going? Crazy
10. Have you ever ridden in a limousine? Yes, from my friends' wedding reception to the after party. Sexybeast was WRECKED and scream/singing Metallica songs out the window.
11. I went to bed too soon and got up to _pee___?12. "And this last mile I travel with you ", to where? The road to nowhere.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
It was a show down between the can do no wrongness of Krista vs. annoying gigantic eyebrows of Raina. Obligatory Cover Girl commercial and photo shoot. Because that's who pays the bills, y'all!
For the first time in the history of Top Model, they did an actual run way walk off for a REAL designer... Anna Sui! I love her!!!
And predictably, Krista won.
See you bitches in the fall!
Top Chef restarts in a few weeks. Watch this space.
Monday, May 24, 2010
1) If you are trying to do something and it isn't working, do you keep at it or try a different tactic?
Depends on what I'm working on.
2) Do you ever drive past the houses of people you used to know, just to see if they still live there? ummmmm........yes but don't tell anyone
3) Have you met anyone new this week? Yes, a dandy lawyer
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Look away, Dixieland!"
Sunday, May 23, 2010
And when Daria betrayed her best friend, Jane, I felt like I was watching television history.
And boy, that show has not lost it's punch. I finally was able to see the last episode ever, "Boxing Daria" and I cried. Daria finally confronts her inner demons, she's a brain, the other kids make fun of her and she finds solace in books. Sound familiar?
Then it got me thinking, perhaps I have not changed much. At least Daria had a Jane.
Don't mind me, just feeling misunderstood.
Saturday, May 22, 2010
A version of pasta fagioli. I'm trying to fiber up my diet hence the spinach.
I really out did myself w/ this bad boy! Thai beef lettuce wraps. Cilantro, mint and ginger are such clean, crisp flavours and work so yummy together. We had it twice last week. I recommend using Boston bibb lettuce leaves. Otherwise, you'll end up w/ Thai beef in yr hand. Sadly, I couldn't think of a really good side to pair it w/. Anybody have any ideas for next time?
Friday, May 21, 2010
Isn't this the creepiest thing ever?!
I had no idea there's a nature trail near my house.
Low bridge, everybody down!
And this time I didn't fall in. And all that working out has really paid off, look at that bootie!
More road blocks
Thursday, May 20, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of black coffee, which I need more of and the number 8,299,598,330.
This week is going to be easy... just one question. Ok, well maybe not so easy. Take each letter of the alphabet and describe something in your life... don't skip any!
Cheshire cat grin
Jump, Jive and Wail
More, More, More
Noodles, Nothing but Noodles
Oh My God!
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Za Za Zoo
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
So the chicks were flying across the other side of New Zealand for some reason. Which led right into the challenge. Woo hoo! The hamsters had to use the aisle in the airplane as a run way. And Angelea was a total freaking dumb ass and only brought one heel. Who does that?! And the winner was Krista. Yawn....
For the photo shoot, the chicks had to be "pretty/ugly" and push through the over top exaggerated make up and wardrobe. And shock and horror, 2 hamsters were sent home. Krista was called first. Again I say yawn and Angelea (thank God!) and her Adam's apple were sent a-packing along w/ Alexandra. Oy, Alex is so pretty! It makes no sense.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
We had our annual Bacchus celebration w/ our gang of miscreants and ne'er do-wells this past weekend. And unfortunately because of the stupid blogger head, I am not able to upload the lighting of the ceremonial torch.
But there was drinking and eating and much frivolity on the 1st night.
And on the second day there was laziness and Daria watching and stromboli and lamb shank.
After blogger stops being an asshole, I will upload pictures of the blessed event.
Monday, May 17, 2010
1) What has been the most meaningful moment of your life so far? Hmmm.... I wouldn't say there has been just the one.
2) Do you prefer listening to string instruments, woodwinds, brass, or percussion? Woodwind, love me some oboe or as I call it The Ol' Licorice Stick
3) Which is worse: being too hot or being too cold? Too hot!!! It's much easier to keep warm than cool.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Chips Ahoy!"
Sunday, May 16, 2010
I'm still looking for happiness in my job. I had a shit job working a hospital for 7 years doing mindless monkey work. And now I'm in a position where I have to shoulder so much responsibility, I think I'm going to fall to pieces from the pressure.
This weekend I was having a conversation w/ a friend type person. She recently quit her stressful bullshit job, for #1 to spend more time w/ her 1 y/o daughter and for #2 the company was a disaster, to go work for fellow blogger Jackie, http://littleluxuriespads.blogspot.com/. Low stress, Jackie is a cool chick, and there's other little ones to hang w/ the baby.
That oh so familiar GRR ARG feeling whooshed over me. I wish I had a cool idea or had a great opportunity to get involved w/. Why not me? Why is it always going to be against the world?
So, I'm going to stop being such an ass. I'm throwing myself back into writing.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of black coffee, which I need more of and the number 8,299,598,330.
Are you a Facebooker? Are you addicted to those stupid games that suck a person in at the drop of a hat? Would you care to share your Facebook identification link so that we may all
If you had to be magically transformed into an animal that you loathe, which one would it be? And don't give me those "none" answers... A brown recluse spider
What is the strangest thing you have said to:
That doesn't happen
* get a job?
* get a date?
What cartoon character do you find the most sexiest? Freddy from Scooby Doo, those shoulders!
When dog food is new with improved tasting, who tests it? Doggies
What does OK actually mean? Oscar Kilo
If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth? The core and the same piece of land in an alternate anti-matter universe.
When you were in high school and were sitting in math class... when the day came to learn about 3.14, did you get hungry? What are you talking about? I got hungry when I dissected a frog.
Have you ever been on the radio? Yup, WEQX . I was a big winner
Beans, beans the magical fruit The more you eat, the more you toot The more you toot, the better you feel So let's have beans at every meal!
Why do people say that when beans are vegetables? Beans are legumes but nothing in the flatulent world rhymes w/ legumes.
What about tv? And I don't mean physically on top of the tv either, you silly people. Same goes for the radio question. Nope
Do you think Adam & Eve had belly buttons? Maybe, just so their progeny wouldn't be freaked out when they saw little holes in their tummies
If you were going to own a liquor store or a bar, what would you name it? The Watering Hole
How about you own a grocery store - what's it's name? Food n' Stuff
If you could only watch one tv show for the rest of your life and no other, what would it be? And yes, it's going to be in series form so you don't actually have to watch the same episode over and over. Ab Fab
What was the name of your 3rd grade teacher? Mrs. Chew, her 1st name was Sue. No fooling.
Do you know how to parallel park? Yes and I've gotten ever so much better. I rule!
What kinds of cereal do you have in your home right at this very moment? Bear Naked Fit, almond vanilla flavour.
If you were to have a garage sale tomorrow, what is the first item you own that you would say "I'm selling THAT!"? Well, none of my shit is going anywhere but I 'd be glad to unload some Sexybeast's broken computer shit.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
And Angelea continues to be an asshat. She's so manish and unattractive. I bet she smells like bitch. Jessica nearly set their new digs on fire. Apparently, as a mother, she feels it unnecessary to learn about kitchen safety.
As the chicks are in New Zealand *pine pine pine*, of course they had to visit the set of "The Lord of the Rings". Really? That's the best they could do? For the challenge, they made the chicks pose in the tiny teeny hobbit holes. Tyra(nt) Banks' idea of a juxtaposition I suppose. Best hobbit holer was Krista's old ass. Seriously, isn't 24 a little old to break into modeling game?
For the photo shoot, Tryant was the photographer for the week. She had the chicks posing in the shadows. Winning photo went to Krista again. Meh. She'll probably win. And packing it up was Jessica for being too catalogue.
Season finale next week!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Boy, am I fucked up! I inadvertently chose words in phrases in bright red that said things like "Irritable", "BIG Girl in a Skinny World", Freak-Out", and other disparaging comments. And for some reason in the corner I have a picture of a couple from the 19th century that look happy and in love.
You figure it out.
Monday, May 10, 2010
1) Do your dreams tend to have themes? Like a series of dreams about fire, or dreams about the same person frequently, or anything like of that sort of thing. Funny you should mention that. Lately, I've been dreaming about a frenemy I had when I was in middle and high school. It's been really awesome to have to re-live those years in my psyche.
2) How do you decide the difference between something you want and something you need? Needs come from boredom
3) Have you ever played poker and been the table winner? Yes! Last Independence Day weekend, I won 35 clams and whooped some serious ass by getting 3 snowmen (8's)
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Quiet Deluxe"
Friday, May 7, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Kimber, the color of Wednesday's eyes and the number 5.
1. Have you ever performed the Heimlich Maneuver on someone or had it performed on you? No to both.
2. Do you have a red room in your home? (Either painted red or red curtains etc.) In the kitchen
3. Have you ever felt like banging your head against the wall? For seven years but I'm better now
4. Reports came out this week that Michael Jackson was gay. Are you shocked, don't believe it, don't care or felt he was all along? Don't care and knew it all along.
5. What's the dumbest thing you have done after a breakup with a S/O? Desperation e-mail
6. If Berleen and Bud are standing on the roof of a one story building and decide to throw water balloons at Kimber walking down below on the sidewalk, what color balloon hits her first? Blue, I know for a fact they put more blue ones in every package.
7. What are the wildest, craziest pajamas you own? Currently? Hmmmm, I have a lavender sheer baby doll that I wear on special occasions.
8. Have you ever ridden in a sidecar on a motorcycle? Nope
9. Do/did you go party on Cinco De Mayo, and if so what color was the bartender's shirt? No celebro cinco de mayo.
10. Why does a hat have a bill? I can one up ya, why do we park in drive ways or drive on park ways? Think about that!
11. If you were a WWE professional wrestler, what would your stage name be? Candy Ass
12. How many keys do you have on your keyring? 5 I think
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
And the hamsters are in New Zealand! I wanna go so bad!! Someday......
After being greeting my Maoris (dang those guys are hot!), the chicks were informed that they had to go on "go-see's". Ha! Can you imagine being on a plane for 22 hours w/ funk mouth and greasy hair & being told you had to go look beautiful for a bunch of designers? And Angelea, whom I hate anyway and think she's secretly a dude, had the most jacked up looking hair ever and still won the freakin' challenge!! Huh?
For the photo shoot, the hamsters had to pose w/ sheep on the hill side. Can you image the smell and the poo? But sheeps are soft, sooooo, I guess I'm a bit conflicted about the thing. And winning photo went to Krista again. Meh. And getting the boot was Alasia for being a scattered mess.
Baa baa for now
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
When I die, I don't want a funeral. I'm going to be flambeed, ashes scattered in the Bay of Acapulco while "Anywhere I Lay my Head" plays. Then afterward, all my loved ones will drink and tell funny stories about me.
I hate not having leftovers for lunch. Then I'm left scrounging for something half way decent to nibble.
I need my readers' help now more than ever. Please vote on yr fave picture for SB and I to use as our engagement photo/save the date pic.
That is all....
Monday, May 3, 2010
1) Have you ever been on the radio? Yes, December 2008. The first time since listening to WEQX since 1992, I finally won something and got on the radio
2) What is your favorite fairy tale? Puss in Boots or Aladdin's Lamp
3) [lazy today] What about your least favorite fairy tale? Snow White
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Egg-ordinary!"
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Anyways, I came home from a vigorous boot camp work out, wherein I literally have to drag my tired ass up the front steps. PAIN, people! It's hurts. So I'm gulping down water like it's going out of style and SB grabs my buttocks and says "Whew! Yr tushie feels like a rock"
And at the end of a very long 8 weeks, I got re-measured. Bad news first, my boobs are still gigantic :( No change. Good news, lost everywhere else and my pants fit! I have cheated, stupid vending machine in the basement. I have a daily craving for peanut M&M's. Oh, and by the by, they have cherry M&M's now. Nothing like a high dose of red dye #5.
Also, I went from 6 push-ups to 24. And that's called progress.
Another 8 more weeks to go....