Thursday, September 30, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Kimber, the color of absolute black granite and the number 16.
101. When was the last time you went to the doctor? Do you like your doctor? Last November, time for my check up. I like her except she tried to get me to do the South Beach diet. LAME!
201. My back is itching, will you scratch it for me? Yes
301. Do you have nice handwriting? No, it's awful!
401. We are sending you to either New Zealand or Canada, which one do you choose? New Zealand!!!
501. Do you sing in the shower? Not that I'm aware of
601. Have you ever been streaking? If so, how far did you streak and did anyone see you? No
701. How soon is too soon for Christmas decorations and music playing in the stores? September, EWW GROSSS!
801. If you celebrated Halloween as a kid what was the costume you wore at 5? I was a brown rabbit, I even had a giant stuffed carrot
901. How many cavities have you had in your life? 10 or something. I've never kept track
1001. Berleen and Bud come to Arizona to visit Kimber. Who do you think will decide it's too hot here first? Bud, he seems kind of particular
1101. Who do you think will ask TT questions next week? Bud
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
1) What was your first conscious thought this morning? Why was I dreaming about boarding school?
2) Discuss a book that left you disappointed. A gender identity non-fiction piece, too cerebral for me.
3) Do you ever talk to telemarketers, or do you just hang up on them? Hang up!
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "LEAPING LIZARDS!"
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
1. We are changing your name. You have no choice. You get to pick it, but we must approve it. You must have a good reason. Ok, what is the name and reason? Lily because Susan is derived from both Latin & Hebrew words meaning "lily"
2. I say Shotgun, you say? Wedding
3. We are sending you away. Africa or Mexico? Mexico!! All the way, I lived there for 3 months when I was in college. Great food, great drinks, cheap way to live.
4. When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you use the restroom? Not always. Don't you judge me!
5. Berleen told me that I have to ask a mean question. Tell us about a horrible memory. I'm not answering this question. I mire too much in the horrible as it is.
6. What are your plans for October? Octoberfest @ Wolff's, going to South Hadley/Northampton for Columbus Day weekend, giant sized margarita for my birthday, dressing up as a spaghetti western for Halloween. I love October!!!
7. Is there anyone that you regret ever meeting ? Sure but I don't waste my time too much thinking about them
8. You have 3 months left to live, what do you do? Travel down to someplace tropical, sit on the beach and drink, have lots of public sex
9. You wake up in an unfamiliar place, what is your first reaction? "Was I roofied?"
10. Your phone rings at 4am, just before you kill this person, who do you expect it would be? My mother w/ an emergency
11. You're having a bad day, what one thing can make your day better? A happy song & belly kisses
12. You are doing a meme written by the blogosphere's shadiest character. Is there anything else that you should be doing right now? My nail polish is looking pretty raggedy....
13. If money were not a problem, (and it never is, right? Yes, I stole this f$%*ing question. Sue me.) where would you like to live? A wooded cabin on the lake
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
1) Share one thing that you learned recently. A friend of SB's said I was beautiful
2) Share a quote that applies to your life right now, one that is helpful, or that is stuck in your head for some reason, or one that motivates you. "Though under earth and throneless now I be, Yet, while I lived, all Earth was under me."
3) What is your favorite card game? Uno or War
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Ugh looks like my Grandma's apartment!"
Today's meme is called 5 on 5.
For each of the 5 questions give 5 answers. Easy right?
So, have fun with it and don't forget to comment the others.
1. What are 5 things that you hope to accomplish this week?
a. Work out everyday this week
2. Name 5 reasons to sleep in.
a. The alarm never went off
3. Name 5 of the 'interesting' things you've heard lately.
a. Margaret Cho has a "new" DVD out
4. Name and link to 5 bloggers.
5. What are the 5 items that are always on your grocery list.
Thanks for playing!
See you next week!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
The TT questions are brought to you by Berleen, the color of my kitchen table and the number 45.
10. What number blog post is this for you? I don't remember, nearly 200 I think.
9. You are driving down a road and your GPS says turn right, but the road has a Dead End sign. You check your GPS and according to it's map, there is a road at the end of the Dead End road that you need to turn onto. Do you follow the GPS? No, machines think too much for me already.
8. If you had a $2 bill, would you spend it? Yes, get rid of it immediately! Bad luck!
7. When there is nobody else around and you sneeze or cough, do you cover your mouth? 99.9% of the time
6. You are a DJ at a radio station and your first guest is Bud... what is the first question you are going to ask him? "What's yr song request?" I don't do talk radio, all music all the time.
5. Have you ever stopped to help a stranger with a flat tire? No, I would do more harm than good.
4. You get on an airplane and you find that your seat neighbor is Kimber... what do you talk about or do you ignore her completely? Exchange pleasantries & occasionally make sarcastic remarks to each other.
3. Have you ever rode an elephant? YES! When I was 5 at the Catskill Game Farm. My cousin was so jealous that I got to be up front.
2. Time to bitch & moan! What is your biggest complaint about your current friends on Facebook? I don't get enough compliments.
1. School is back in session for all little girls and boys now. What, in your life, changes when kids go back to school? Dang school buses are always in the way when I'm late!
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
1) When was the last time you stepped on something that really hurt? I honestly don't remember. I step on hurty stuff all the time.
2) What is the most unusual food you have tried for the first time recently? Daikon but I think that was last year. Is daikon unusual?
3) Describe the one who got away. Oh boy! His name was Josh, we were 19 and he was very funny and interesting and very very opinionated. I decided I would rather be w/ a go no where junkie.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
2. What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a theater? Inception and it was AWESOME
3. Have you ever seen a ghost? No but I do scare easily.
4. Ever loved someone so much it made you cry? YES!!!
5. What are you most afraid of? Being a failure
6. What do you do when you are bored? Eat, sadly :(
7. Other than the author of this mess of a meme, whose blog are you most curious to see their answers? My own because I'm such a fucking egomaniac.
8. Name three thing from your bucket list. 3 things I want to do before I die? Travel to New Zealand, buy a Mini Cooper & get SCUBA certified
9. Who was the last person who complimented you on how you looked, that actually was a surprise? Sean
10. Do you remember Berleen? I remember vaguely she used to write this meme. I wish she would come back.
11. What was the last concert that you attended where the band was much better than you imagined? Mastadon
12. What’s the next band you’re either planning to see or want to? I'm going to NYC to see Slash, woo hoo!!
13. What were the last things do you imagine that Kimber threw off the roof? Her kids' report cards
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Monday, September 6, 2010
2) Start the first chapter of your memoir. "Though she preferred books to people, Susan Bernardi was not a curmudgeon." Heh, that was fun!
3) When was the last time you flashed someone the peace sign? That's one of my drunk picture poses. I did it at a wine party in April.
4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. "Finger paints!"
Thursday, September 2, 2010
KIMBER & BERLEEN!
at once a week...a great milestone
Welcome to the September 2nd edition of
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want.
Write about it on your blog... simple as that.
Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!
Please only leave a link if you have written a Thursday Thunks post.
Don't forget to go visit the other participants' blogs.
Read and comment about all their Thursday Thunks responses!
That's what all this is about after all, isn't it?
We'll have so much fun and become lifelong friends....
1. Would you rather have a pet hippo or a pet elephant? Neither! But if I had a gun pointed to my head, I'd go w/ hippo because it would be easier to install a pool than an elephant sanctuary.
2. Why do you think bananas are shaped the way they are? I don't know, let's blame a man.
3. In one word (OK, you can go three to four MAX) , what do most people describe you as? Cute, funny, intense
4. Choice (stupid but a choice…): Loss of vision, ability to speak or hearing - which do you choose? (you have to choose one....) It's like a law. But we can't make you. Vision! I love music and singing too much to give that up
5. Do you like lemons? Do you use them to clean with or just as a food source? Or are you saving them up for 2012? I love lemons, very tasty.
6. When you are feeling icky with that sickness feeling, what is your first choice for feel-better medicine? Nyquil, I like to be completely drugged out when I feel like shit.
7. You are starving. You have not had anything to eat for days. In front of you is poison ivy, a live hissing cockroach, and a rotten stinky piece of some sort of mystery meat to eat. Which would you pick and why? Cockroach because poison ivy and rotten meat would kill me. I'd rather be grossed out than dead.
8. Who was the last person you bought a present for? What was it? Will you buy Berleen one? I got my niece a birthday present (she'll be 5 on Sept. 6). I found it at BJ's, an American Girl pet, a golden retriever. Those suckers cost $25 and up & I got mine for $14.
9. Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (If you don't have kids, feel free to explain to the other players why you chose the “no kids“ choice. Yea. I know. (Those who have children will NEVER get it. And no, don‘t explain it…) I don't have kids, I don't want to have kids. SB and I like our lives the way they are and kids will change that forever. I'm really fucking selfish basically.
10. What was your favorite toy as a child? What happened to it? A 3 way tie between my Sit N' Spin, my green Bouncy Bounce & my dollies that had pop on clothes. I think they were called Pop-Its or Click-Its. Let me know if you remember.
11. If you could paint your house ANY color you wanted and your friends, family & neighbors would love the color from the moment they saw it, what would it be? A deep eggplant purple.
12. If the Pillsbury Dough Boy got into a fight with Mrs. Butterworth who would win? And would anybody get hurt? And do we seem desperate even asking? Mrs. Butterworth would kick his sorry ass, she'd shove him an oven and bake him!
13. What was the last thing you would guess that Kimber took a picture of? Oh. And consider the meme listed below. Click on it. It rocks. I don't care, no offense.