Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Suburban Eats


Last week I decided to check out the fancy new Fresh Market located in the sorta snooty village of Latham.

First impressions, HOLY ALLAH does the parking suuuuuucccckkkkkkkk!

The inside reminded me of Whole Foods, soft lighting, classical music. Great produce selection. The bakery was divine, I bought us some raisin cinnamon bread. Sweet & fluffy...NOM NOM NOM. The butcher counter is HUGE, 2 thumbs up on the cracked pepper bacon. There's lots of happy surprises on the shelves, they even sell Bacon Salt there. There's even a spot in the grocery cart for flowers so they don't get crushed by yr other purchases.


Oddly enough, they don't sell cottage cheese....anywhere in that piece. And the aisles are too tiny for my liking. Plus, it was elbow to elbow at 11:30 am on a Tuesday, I'm chalking that up to the newness of the place.

The prices are somewhat comparable to P-Chops, kinda pricey-ish.

Here's the best part, not only did they load my groceries on a dolly like grocery cart, THEN they brought the dolly to my car. My car! It was awesome.

I'll report back to y'all next month to see if there's any changes at Fresh Market.


6 comments:

Albany Jane said...

I had about the same opinion. Nice, but...

And I noticed the lack of cottage cheese, too! I figured an upscale market with local milk, tons of yogurts, and all this other neat dairy would have had cottage cheese.

phairhead said...

Bizarro, right?

Lydia said...

A world without cottage cheese is a-ok by me.

phairhead said...

Lydia: I didn't know you don't like cottage cheese. Is it the texture?

Anonymous said...

Hurray for good service but what's a girl to do without her curds & whey? -- Just A. Girl

phairhead said...

JAG: thankfully i don't do my weekly food shopping there!