Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Updatelings

As per usual, we had a fabulous weekend, only to be thwarted by Monday.

Friday night Sexybeast and I went to visit my oldest brother and his family. My oldest niece is going to be 10 soon. 10! My Zozo Beans is turning into a young lady. Awww!

Saturday was Eat-Fest 2010. We had lunch w/ Albany Jane, her husbear and fellow food blogger Nicole (whom Sexybeast had casually dated before me! But it wasn't weird and SB totally has a type) at Aashiana for the lunch buffet. Now normally, I am not a fan of buffets, I like my food how I like it and I want it hot. But this was fucking exceptional!!! Sexybeast must have eaten 30 samosas. And, of course, I had to have kheer, Indian rice pudding. It was such a fun, relaxing afternoon. Plus 7 bucks person, perfecto!

And we continued the gorging at Sexybeast's friends' house for "boiled dinner". They bought 20 corned beefs for 11 people. Yeah, I know what yr gonna say. The highlight of the evening was playing games, Catchphrase, Left Right Center, Apples to Apples & Taboo. I freaking love game night! We so rarely get to play any games anymore :( If anybody is up for game night, send me an e-mail!

Sunday we trekked to Lowe's for gardening supplies. Sexybeast has a green thumb whereas I could drown a cactus. But I'm great weeder. So, I purchased a mini "greenhouse" to grow herbs, basil, catnip and mint. I'm really excited because it's basically similar to growing paper whites, no muss, no fuss. And Sexybeast decided to get a jump start on the peppers.

Nummy veggies for the season :D




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nummy indeed!

signed,
weeder (and i do mean WEEDer)

phairhead said...

weeder: High! got any POT roast?
guffaw guffaw!