Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cheers!

Last night was my first time @ Mahar's. It was fun but I had some reservations. It was fucking hotter than cat piss in there and the ceiling fans did nothing but push the hot air around. And what bar closes @ midnight? Midnight!

But they do have a hundred gajillion beers there. SB had something called Beast, it had a lot of hops. Of course, I had my Lindemann's cherry lambic. It was 12 bucks! Sheesh!

Thankfully, the company of good friends can make any place the best Saturday night ever.

5 comments:

Just A. Girl said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you enjoyed!

phairhead said...

JAG: it was fun :D

Green Peccadilloes said...

ah, 'tis a special place, Mahar's. I find I need to be in the right mood for it - if I am, it's the best. We sampled the Wailing Wench cask last time, which W.O. had anxiously awaiting since its last appearance.

Albany Jane said...

No hot air!! I'd die a melty, sweaty death.

It's been ages since I was last in Mahar's. Then again, I'm not much of a beer lover. But oh man, those lambic'll set ya back!

phairhead said...

GP: Wailing Wench, that's a fabulous name :D

AJ: seriously! 12 smackeroos! good thing I wasn't paying ;)