Today’s topic is …. Your Top 10 Summer Foods! We all know that when it’s over 100 degrees outside (thank you Oklahoma) and the air conditioner is working overtime … nobody wants to do much baking … or cooking for that matter. So what do you eat when it’s just too hot to cook?
1. Corn on the cob...grilled of course w/ lots of black pepper and Smart Balance
2. Cold iced tea w/ fresh mint, this works out great for me since I have an iced tea maker.
3. Shish kabobs/spiedinis....meat and veggies on a stick. We need more foods on sticks!
4. Berries, berries, berries
5. Peaches and nectarines
6. My special low fat tortellini salad, I found it in "Cooking Light" 7 years ago and now it's a standard in my house and at parties
7. Coronitas in the lake. I'm not a huge beer fan but DAMN nothing beats a cold one on a sweltering day
8. Potato salad....a teensy bit o' mayo, bacon and peas. I'm deprived of this unless I visit my mother as SB thinks mayo is Satan's spooge.
9. Ice cream
10. Sangria...I have secret recipe but shh! it's a secret.