Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hall o' Famer


It's no secret that summer is my favourite season, the hotter the better I say. I also say the wetter the better but that's a story for another time.

Anyway, SB and I are lucky enough to live close enough to some amazing campgrounds on the banks of cool and refreshing lakes. This past weekend we shot up to Glimmerglass in Cooperstown.

Last year we stayed at the rustic sites, roomy area but port-a-potties and 10,000 miles away from the showers. This year we stayed at a site a few feet from the facilities but smaller sites right on top of each other. I preferred having neighbors.

We spent all morning at the beach, swimming & reading. Not at the same time of course! Then lunch in Cooperstown @ Alex & Ika. I had the open faced chorizo sandwich & mixed green salad. I'm such a sucker for a home made vinaigrette. SB had a hanger steak and fingerling potatoes. WOWIE ZOWIE! I cannot recommend this place enough, peeps. And the sangria! Oh the sangria! They make it w/ port, I could have had 5 of those suckers.

Then more fire. Music. Uno. Laughter.




2 comments:

SoreLosersGaming said...

I on't like summer too much. I don't deal too well with the heat. I don't get sunburnt, but I feel uncomfortable. Each to their own!

:)

phairhead said...

I getcha...it's a sweaty time of year :-)