Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Green Eyed

I hate my jealous side. It lurks and lingers and will never ever go away. And it makes me loathe myself even more.

I'm still looking for happiness in my job. I had a shit job working a hospital for 7 years doing mindless monkey work. And now I'm in a position where I have to shoulder so much responsibility, I think I'm going to fall to pieces from the pressure.

This weekend I was having a conversation w/ a friend type person. She recently quit her stressful bullshit job, for #1 to spend more time w/ her 1 y/o daughter and for #2 the company was a disaster, to go work for fellow blogger Jackie, http://littleluxuriespads.blogspot.com/. Low stress, Jackie is a cool chick, and there's other little ones to hang w/ the baby.

That oh so familiar GRR ARG feeling whooshed over me. I wish I had a cool idea or had a great opportunity to get involved w/. Why not me? Why is it always going to be against the world?

So, I'm going to stop being such an ass. I'm throwing myself back into writing.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I feel the same way sometimes. I think a lot of it is being in the right place at the right time, not necessarily a lack of good ideas or anything like that. But yes, writing is a good idea.

phairhead said...

thanks, hopefully i don't sound like a big whiney baby

Dijea said...

Maybe we should brainstorm.

Just A. Girl said...

I hear you loud and clear! I'm still waiting for my well-timed genius moment that will change my life forever.

phairhead said...

dijea: for reals!

JAG:aww thanks for making me smile :D