Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Kinder, Gentler

Here's an antidote from yesterday's hateful venom.

13 Things I Really Really Really Love:

1. Falling in love w/ Ramona Quimby, Age 8.

2. Listening to my British aunt reading me bedtime stories.

3. Hearing The Beatles' "She's Gotta a Ticket to Ride" in our yellow 1978 Blazer.

4. Running through the sprinklers.

5. My oldest brother & I  watching Saturday Night Live and Headbanger's Ball together.

6. My brother throwing Led Zeppelin into the mix of "all that metal shit".

7. Driving around in my friend's T-Bird talking about how great our lives would be at 21.

8. My brother passing down his Clash tapes to me when he realized they were my reason for living.

9. How much the quiet in the Adirondacks inspires me.

10. Being the strong one for a change.

11. Tori Amos and her piano live.

12. Being spellbound by Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

13. Waking up in my boyfriend's apartment w/ his arms around me. I thought "I'm home."

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That's a good list. I love #11 - I've seen her in concert seven times or so.

phairhead said...

honestly, i can't remember a concert where I got chills from the performer

Wicked Messenger said...

My tummy just unclenched.