Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Burley Queue

The northeast has just survived a record breaking ice storm. Thankfully I've been w/ SexyBeast and mostly have power for 2 days. Now we have full power. Thank God! Unfortunately, my parents and kitty cat are still in the dark. And oddly enough, it's beautiful out there. Everything looks like it's made out of diamonds. And there's a lovely silence surrounding my world.

In the midst of the insane weather conditions, Bettie Page passed away this week. For those of you not in the know, Bettie was style icon and one of the most famous pin-ups ever. I adore Bettie Page and incredibly saddened by her death.

I became obsessed with pin-ups a few years ago after I saw an E! True Hollywood Story about Miss Bettie. (shameful I know)

Anyhoo, I have spent a lot of time, collecting books and lunchboxes and lots o' other fun stuff with pin-ups on it. And I really started to analyze why.

Beauty. Beauty is power. Beauty is mutable. Bettie Page was far from thin but that never stopped hoards of men from lusting over her.

My dream is to lose 15 lbs. and join a burlesque show. Someday......

No comments: