Total Pageviews

Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello, all. Figured out Opera does not support copying and pasting photos. Read, comment, enjoy!

1) What is the latest song or band/singer that you have discovered to be perfect for your life right now? Wow! So many. Music is my life. Top 3 are Gomez "Airstream Driver", it's pop rock at it's finest. "The Great Defector" by Bel X1, they sound exactly like Talking Heads except they're Irish. And finally The Postal Service, a side project of Ben Gibbard from Death Cab for Cutie. It's layered and haunting and amazing. Which pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now.

2) When do you find yourself the most politically incorrect? When I'm goofing around w/ SexyBeast or my friends.

3) What book would you rather had never seen the light of day? The Life of Pi!!!!!!! I hate that pretentious piece of clap trap!!!!!!

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one. I am the great defector.

6 comments:

Albany Jane said...

Postal Service! I got to see them in Northampton, MA once before I really knew who they were (Alb John got the tix) and was blown away by how awesome they were live. Also, Ben is super cute and was shy and unfailingly polite.

We danced to one of their songs for our wedding dance.

Deathcab has some nice nuances of Postal Service, but it's so different. :C

phairhead said...

ENVY MONSTER has bit me big time. that's sooooooooooooo awesome. they have a featured song the Adam Sandler movie coming out this summer. And it actually looks good for a change : )

Leslie said...

Hey, Life of Pi isn't so bad. :)

Dijea said...

OMG - I haven't heard Postal Service and now I'm on a mission because I LOVE Death Cab for Cutie.

1. I'm obsessed with Interpol. Seriously EVERYTHING from Our Love to Admire. Also Run by Snow Patrol and Fortress by Pinback. I'm a idiot for the Fighters of the Foo. Stranger Things Have Happened from Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace is SO FABULOUS.

2. I'm politically incorrect all the time, but its usually at the worst possible moment.

3. I don't get far on a book I don't like, so I'm kinda useless on this question.

4. Being Alone. I like to be alone and feel when I listen to my music.

phairhead said...

les, I read it during a dark period, i think it tainted my experience.

dijea, interol HEART!!!! Fortress, huzzah!

Lilseed said...

awww, I kinda liked Life of Pi :)