Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Drink Me



In an effort to reduce my gut, I've been following the not a diet diet teachings of "Eat This, Not That". And the little substitutions have been helping but I still have this lingering spare tire.

Enter "Drink This, Not That". I've been doing my damnedest to drink at least 64 oz of water or fresh iced tea daily. I learned this lesson the hard way when I nearly passed out at boot camp. FYI, do not eat pasta w/ bechamel sauce on a hot day and then try to do squat thrusts. I nearly booted.

Here's my latest and most awesome purchase! An iced tea maker. It works on the same basic principles as a coffee maker, tea goes into a filter (you can use loose or bags), add water & press a button. The only difference is you have to add ice.

I like to add fresh mint to my iced tea to give a hint of sweetness, I never use sugar or sugar substitute.

Another yummy low cal treat I've been drinking down is choco-mint shakes. Sweet and filling!

2 C Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (contains no yucky additives!)
1 C milk, I use skim and it's still tasty
2 chocolate mint cookies, or 4 100 calorie Grasshopper cookies (they're half the size of a Thin Mint)

Blend until smooth.

And most critical of all, I will no longer purchase Coke Zero. After reading "DTNT", I found out how harmful the sugar substitute used in diet colas can be. I'm not saying I won't ever drink soda again but I definitely am not going to bring 8 packs into my house any longer.

And I can enjoy fresh iced tea all year long.

6 comments:

Just A. Girl said...

I love iced tea. I have to drink decaf though because I'm naturally wired :)

What harm does the artificial sweetener do? I am just curious. It can't be healthy but I don't know the specifics.

雅欣 said...

北台灣視訊aio34c正妹 69成人網 080視訊聊天室iww 線上免費看成人片 百分百成人圖片 辣妹妹影音視訊聊天室 視訊交友551281 kk 視訊聊天室 免費a片 sex-情色視訊 夜未眠成人影城 視訊聊天網 aaa片免費看短片 正妹交友go uouo 視訊聊天交友 hi5 tv免費影片 av女優王國 546視訊聊天室 免費影音視訊聊天室 ut 視訊聊天室 sex story,辣妹影片直播 hilive成人情色網 線上a長片 美眉脫內衣影片 sex888入口aio甜心寶貝直播貼片 彩虹免費av影片 亞洲東洋視訊辣妹影片 視訊交友網fm358 love104 影音城 qk999成人論壇 免費視訊gogo 拓網學生族視訊777美女 免費成人影片sex,av女優 a 免費影片觀賞 免費視訊topchurch 免費線上 aa 片試看85CC 高雄援交本土自拍天堂 成人視訊elove 臺灣情色網hilive tv 546 視訊聊天室 線上免費av影片 視訊ggoo xvediox松島楓免費影片 免費聊天室 aa影音視訊聊天室 一對多視訊免費視訊辣妹 j 我愛 78 論壇 免費 a 片 兼職援交 免費a自拍偷拍g世代論壇

Leslie said...

Effing spammers (comment above).

I should try something like that. I need to replace the soda with something. It's so hard.

phairhead said...

JAG: the sweetener used in Coke Zero is Ace K. It was severely question by health and industry insiders as to how it was approved by FDA

Leslie: when i getting a hankering for the fizzies, I drink seltzer.

Sarah said...

I miss the ice tea maker that we had while I was growing up. Sam doesn't drink it so I'm not sure how long it would take me to get through a pitcher. Plus, I like my tea sweet. Very sweet. I do need to cut down on the soda. That would help my spare tire, too.

phairhead said...

Sarah: it makes 2 quarts. I think I drink a quart a day. Which lots of time spent peeing :D