Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Rumours of my Death have been Greatly Exaggerated

It started off as a cold. Which led to a stupid fever blister on my lip. Then the congestion made me throw up green mucus. Then goopy stuff came out of my eyes & they sealed shut when I slept.


Bronchitis: pain, wheezing

Asthma: scary scariness not being able to breath

Tonsil infection: sore mucus throat

The thing that pisses me off is that my regular GP is on vacation this week & they couldn't just squeeze me in as an emergency. Off to the Doc in a Box, got the hook up w/ a free inhaler & it only cost bucks more than a follow up visit w/ my usual place. I declined the script for codeine cough syrup as codeine makes me feel freaked out & cough syrup tastes like ass. It didn't help that the doc said "it make you high!"

Hot chocolate & Kahlua time!

4 comments:

Jon in Albany said...

I used to get wonton soup for a sore throat. The past few times I've been having miso instead. I'm not familiar with Japanese restaurants in your area, but I've had some good Chinese take out from Fu Sing.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

phairhead said...

Yummy Yummy is on the menu this week!

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

My grandmother always gave me a tablespoon of honey & lemon juice when I had a sore throat & cold...
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

phairhead said...

Can't do honey but thanks for the tip ;-)