Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Head to Head

Let's get our sweet tooth on w/ a Just Desserts recap, shall we?

Hurray hurray, relay race time! Yes yes, for the Quickfire Challenge, the cheftestants were broken into 2 teams of 3. Thankfully team Snot Bag (Zac, Gidget & Heather) were on one side and Team Slightly More Tolerable (Morgan, Danielle & Eric) on the other. Task #1: make tart crusts - Danielle whips past Gidget. Huh, who knew? Task #2: make 10 butter cream roses - Eric blows SMT's lead to Heather. Task #3: beat some eggs into a meringue and hold the bowl over yr head for 10 seconds - Morgan pulls SMT back to the lead. Task #4: stretch a strudel dough across the length of their work table. Here's an interesting tip: strudel dough doesn't stretch so nice. And unfortunately, Snot Bag won.

For the Elimination Challenge, the two teams went head to head w/ competing bakeries & had to include one bread item. And even though they had a corny name, SMT's bakery "Whisk me Away" won w/ their comfort baked goods. I'll tell ya, I'd stab someone in the eye to get a good chocolate chip cookie. And packing it up was Heather and her crappy dough.

Ding dong the witch is dead!

2 comments:

Jon in Albany said...

I've kind of given up on the show and just been following it with your recaps. I can't get into it. I still tape them every week. But when push comes to shove, the just gets skipped and eventually deleted. Maybe I'll come back to it for the finals...

phairhead said...

Aww I feel honoured to be yr Top Chef conduit :D