Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Falling Apart

My doctor called me last week, "I got the results back from yr fasting lipid profile. I'm putting you on cholesterol meds." I begged, pleaded and pouted. So, unless I lose 15 - 20 lbs in a week, . I have to take the med. I fucking hate being on medication. I'm only 35 fucking years old!!! The shittest part is once you start the med, you cannot stop. I'm going to be on fucking Tricor for the rest of my miserable life.

The major side effect is muscle tenderness. This couldn't come at a worse time as I just restarted boot camp. So I can't tell where my aches and pains are coming from.

And, FYI, I've been battling my bad fatty blood for over 5 years now w/ diet and exercise. Just another perk to having polycystic ovarian syndrome.

I'm blue :-(

8 comments:

Leslie said...

So sorry to hear this. It sucks so bad when your body won't cooperate with you. :( I wish I had something wiser to say, but I'm all out of wisdom at the moment. Thinking of you. xoxo

Jon in Albany said...

This sucks. And just before the holidays too.

I learned everything I know about polycystic ovarian syndrome and Tricor from Google in the last 3 minutes. Some of Tricor's potential side effects sound worse than high cholesterol. Sometimes it feels like doctors are just making it up as they go but they say it with a convincing certainty. No other options or medical opinions?

Wishing you good things and happier times...

Stacy said...

Sorry to hear about your health issues. It does indeed suck. I'm 46 and since my late 30's and into my 40's for sure...my body has been complaining mightily. The generic aches and pains get old real quick. I hope, at least, that the meds work for you and cause little in the way of problems.

phairhead said...

Leslie: you so get what I'm saying! Xoxo

Jon: yeah, I'm really looking forward to a decreased libido :-(
My doc is really great, I don't have any other alternatives

Getting older blows!

Anonymous said...

i have horror stories about me and meds!

all the best

:*

phairhead said...

Better living through chemistry is bollocks!

:*

Lydia said...

Hang in there susie-q. PCOS sucks big time (my sis has it), but at least you are making healthy changes. You're taking care of yourself, so that's the important thing.

Happy turkey day! :)

phairhead said...

Thanks, Miss Lydia! :D

miss you tons!