Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rutty Rutterson

Holy crap, y'all! I've been trying to write this post for a solid 20 minutes. Stop and start. Crap crap crap. Fuck! I'm a hack!

The truth is I'm already freaking out about my impending nuptials. The latest is my mother is being all pouty and upset because my future mother-in-law is coming along w/ us to go dress shopping. Back me up, guys. It's proper etiquette to have her at the bridal shop, right?

Now my car is leaking oil and I don't have the time or money to fix it until Columbus Day weekend.

Speaking of money, I'm never gonna pay off my credit card.

GRR! ARGH! Meh..

8 comments:

Lydia said...

I did it all on my own. No mothers were involved in the selecting of the dress. Remember: BEING married matters; GETTING married? Not so much. Lydia says RELAX!

phairhead said...

Lydia: you haven't heard the best part. She's been holding it over my head that since she and my dad are paying for the wedding. BOO on them!

Leslie said...

I think you can have whoever you want with you when you go dress shopping; fuck etiquette. I took my MIL along because my mom lives in a different state.

phairhead said...

Leslie: that's pretty much what I said :-) i think she's jealous of MIL

Jon in Albany said...

My mother spent an afternoon looking for wedding dresses with my wife. As the mother of 3 sons, she thought it was something she would never get to do. "The Dress" was not found during that shopping trip, but it was 11 years ago and she still talks about the day. Not sure if it is proper etiquette, but it sure did make my mother happy.

Planning a wedding can be stressful. I liked to think of it as my own, private Thomas Crown Affair. You hire all these different people that have never met each other to converge at a specific time and place to carry out your orders. How cool is that?

phairhead said...

Jon: HA! Thanks :-) How fucking awesome is Steve McQueen?!

Lydia said...

A friend of mine recently eloped with his fiance. They were walking by city hall and decided "let's just do this." They don't regret it for a second.

phairhead said...

Lydia: my boy eloped the 1st time he got hitched...didn't work out so hot :D